Stephen F. Austin

Blizzard

Reaction score
Well thankfully the drama has only been on the off days. :)

What do we know about SFA?

I know they made the NCAA last year and from a comment here-

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/teams/scc

they only gave up 53 points a game last year in conference.

This looks to be a bit tougher test for the boys. I think we should still win big but does anyone else have info on them?

I agree...

Well thankfully the drama has only been on the off days. :)

What do we know about SFA?

I know they made the NCAA last year and from a comment here-

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/teams/scc

they only gave up 53 points a game last year in conference.

This looks to be a bit tougher test for the boys. I think we should still win big but does anyone else have info on them?

I agree. I beleive it will be tougher than the GH prognostications. They seem to have meaningful seniors returning and they have some size ( not ginormous ) but certainly bigger than Tenn Tech.

I expect it to be a good early test.

I do not expect it to be an early test. In all likelihood we're looking at home nonconference creampuff #2. If it's a competitive game past the 2nd TV timeout in the second half, I'll consider it a success.

But ya' never know, maybe I'm not giving SFA enough credit. Its conference (Southland) has pulled off two of the biggest upsets so far this season, knocking off Oregon State (Texas A&M-Corpus Christi) and Iowa (Texas-San Antonio).

SS,

Remember, this is one of the three games that FOT claims are "good" on the home non-conference schedule.

And after watching Iowa last night, I may be generous in saying UTSA over the Hawkeyes is an upset. Nevertheless, if you're a Big 10 school you don't expect a double-digit loss at home to a Southland opponent.

UTSA over Iowa was not an upset. They dominated that game and the margin could have even been bigger. Yes, UTSA shot well from 3, but they weren't exactly hitting fadeaway 3's with a hand in their face as the shot clock hit zero. Matt Gatens looks like Iowa's only real B10 scoring option, and Anthony Tucker just looked out of sorts - he was doing his best Devin Balwinkle (sp?) impression except for actually making the shots.

I have to stream the game online tonight (damn night class takes attendance, can't get away with skipping it two weeks in a row). I've heard some bad things about the stream, hopefully it's better tonight!

Top Bottom