Steele’s All Big Ten Team.

As I have posted before, Barry Sanders averaged 31 carries his final year in college. And I remember the Cleveland coach saying about running Jim Brown, "you shoot your cannon". My man Darius can handle the workload.

"Fleck grinds his running backs into dust!!!!!"

:eek::oops:
I was being half facetious. Though I can see the people who choose the players thinking Fleck will continue to run at a 65%+ rate and Taylor being too beat up to play a complete season. You need to reward Devin Mockobee and Kaytron Allen for the likelihood of playing more games is their logic.

I don’t recall this many gophers being named to a pre season all big ten list in past years. Seems like an indication of better recruiting from current staff. Hoping this means more wins this season and beyond.

Daniel Jackson is an interesting pick considering our QB situation. I also hope to see him look a bit more explosive and physical. He's had several years with our S&C now.

Couple thoughts:
  • Taylor is a top 8 back in the Big 10.
  • I think Will Howard puts up some gaudy numbers. IMO, he's either 1st team All Big 10, or he loses his job (not that he'll lose the job for not being 1st team, I just think if he isn't awesome, they end up with Brown/Sayin).
  • I don't think Striggow outperforms Jah Joyner. Joyner should be 2nd team. I think Striggow is underrated by Gopher fans, but Joyner could be special.
  • Why does Steele still use 4 LB and 4 total DB?
  • I think Devin Eastern, Henderson and Tyler Cooper end up showing up in the All Big 10 teams / Hon. Mentions.

I think Taylor is definitely a top 6 back if healthy, but it goes both ways as I also do not think Jackson is a top 2 WR. I like him and he’s good, but there is some talent in the conference at that position

Last edited:

on Taylor - do you rank on potential or production? outside of the one-handoff game vs Nebraska, Taylor only played in 4 regular season games and the bowl game. His per-game production is great, but he did not play - or play significant snaps - in 8 of the 12 regular season games.

If I'm ranking players, I'm going to go with players who showed production and durability over potential.

if Taylor stays healthy, he could easily be one of the best backs in the B1G. But he has to stay healthy and stay on the field.

Top Bottom