Status of hiring our next OC?

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
Where do people think we are in the process of hiring the next OC?

Here are the 4 options, as I see them:

1) Tim Davis will be our new OC (and was likely designated that way from the start)
2) A new OC has already been selected and the announcement will come within 48 hours.
3) There are a handful of interested candidates and one will be selected within 10 days.
4) The search is on - and the candidates are limitless.

I, for one, think we already have a new guy (not Davis) in the wings, and will hear the details on Thursday.

Go Gophers!

My guess is that Willis would not have left Alabama if he was not going to move up to a coordinator position. Just a guess, of course, but it would seem like a strange move otherwise, even if it were to be the "run game coordinator."

Willis was at a Juco and he is a big kid, Davis was at Alabama and will not be named coordinator because recruiting will be killed

We all kinda speculated that Dunbar might be leaving after the Davis hire. I'm guessing it's been in the works since then, or at least Brewster saw it as a possiblity as well.

Brew's also said he has maintains a short list at all times. My guess is that there may already be negotiations underway. It will involve a major departure somewhere else and so probably will be announced a little more slowly than Davis was. My guess is by the end of the week.

Willis was at a Juco and he is a big kid, Davis was at Alabama and will not be named coordinator because recruiting will be killed
he was the recruiting coordinator at alabama. why would he have that position if he was a recruiting killer?

Who is Willis?

We have a new recruit names WILLS, but no Willis.

On his blog on the Trib, Youngblood says that he thinks Brewster has someone in mind for the OC position and that he will prob be named in the next 24-48 hours....

He also says that he thinks the DC will take a little while....

he was the recruiting coordinator at alabama. why would he have that position if he was a recruiting killer?

Brewster has been recruiting kids that think they will be playing in a spread offense, that might hurt recruiting this year if they promote a power rushing type of OC. They could possibly have quite a few decommits. I dont think he meant it as a negative toward his recruiting ability.

Nonsense. Willis was clearly brought in here to be the OC as well, a la Reggie Dunlop.

My bad.

spread vs. power run

I meant my post exactly as sanowai explained. It would be because we would then switch to an offense that we are not recruiting kids to. I am sure Davis is good at O line coaching and at recruiting and probably could handle the OC job, but not the offensive style we want right now.

Top Bottom