Starting five for Canadian Trip

The good news is that we actually can argue about who should start, which means we have about 7 potential starters. I personally think that Colton and Rodney should be coming off the bench. I'm a huge Colt fan, but he tends to pickup dumb fouls and gets watched like a hawk by the refs. IMO Rodney just has not shown enough to get a starting spot. I sure hope he changes my view on that this year. So I say RSIII, Trevor, Blake, Devoe and Al.

The good news is that we actually can argue about who should start, which means we have about 7 potential starters. I personally think that Colton and Rodney should be coming off the bench. I'm a huge Colt fan, but he tends to pickup dumb fouls and gets watched like a hawk by the refs. IMO Rodney just has not shown enough to get a starting spot. I sure hope he changes my view on that this year. So I say RSIII, Trevor, Blake, Devoe and Al.

It's because he's white...

FOT - That's helpful info to have. Maybe it will influence others' paradigms of Mav as we watch his development? It has changed my expectations already.

The other 2 players mentioned (Wiseman and Thornton) are both at Hawaii this year - Wiseman on scholarship, Thornton (after a year at Stoneridge) as a walk-on.

The other 2 players mentioned (Wiseman and Thornton) are both at Hawaii this year - Wiseman on scholarship, Thornton (after a year at Stoneridge) as a walk-on.

Regarding Thorton - if by Hawaii, you mean Utah State and not currently on their team, then yes.

Regarding Thorton - if by Hawaii, you mean Utah State and not currently on their team, then yes.

The article I read said he did not go to Utah State but is attempting to walk-on at Hawaii.

But:

Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Straight from Steve Thornton's father

Sometimes, a matter just doesn't seen right. The item about California prepster Steve Thornton trying to walk-on at Hawaii was just such an item. But heck, it appeared in a longtime local southern California newspaper.

So PTW dialed up Thornton yesterday, reached his father (a very nice man) and here's the deal: The younger Thornton is heading to Logan next week, period. He wants to and will be part of the USU basketball program. Hawaii is not a possibility and the elder Thornton wishes the newspaper had contacted him him before posting that UH was a new destination as he could have set them straight.

Top Bottom