Star Tribune / Pioneer Press

gophertime

Reaction score
There have been a lot of negative posts aimed at the two local newpapers and often deservedly so. However, I think that they have done a good job of feel good stories and getting out information about the team in this pre-season and I want to give them their due. Granted it does not equal the exposure that the Vikings get but that might never happen given the popularity of the NFL and the Vikings. There is plenty of room in the local sports page to cover both teams. Anyway, good job to both papers.

After the press conference with Coach Kill on Saturday did either paper print a list of the team traveling to Las Vegas, did they ask or forumulate a two deep, did they ask when the team will fly out and will they return Friday or fly back immediately after the game? When does the equipment truck leave, and have they selected the uniforms for the road game? Are they expecting anyone, Pride of Minnesota to be there for a send off? And based on when they return where can fans meet the team? With Gophers favored 8, no prognostication? No mention that I remember, of Coach Kills teams improvement year one to year two. Several web sites have Bobby Hauk about 8 on Coach's Hot Seat. He was great at Montana, and has done nothing the past two years this is year 3.

Both papers have done the very minimum when comes to covering only Divsion 1 school in Minnesota.

Top Bottom