Stanzi is out. How does that affect our chances?

Yeah, Minnesota doesn't have a great D, but Northwestern's D is much worse. They are far less athletic than what the Gophers have.

The stats don't really bear this out at all. Minnesota is worse basically across the board. They may have better athletes but they are also horrendously coached. Furthermore, JVB will have had two more weeks of practice with the 1st team under his belt when the Minnesota game rolls around, which should help a bit.

The thing you have to remember when looking at defensive statistics is that our offensive has been inept for large parts of this season. I think that has had a major effect in making our defense look worse in terms of statistics.

The thing you have to remember when looking at defensive statistics is that our offensive has been inept for large parts of this season. I think that has had a major effect in making our defense look worse in terms of statistics.

Doesn't seem to hurt Iowa's any :)

Anyway, I'm sure they're misleading but they're not THAT misleading. You guy aren't just bad statistically, you're one of the worst defenses in the country. Even if you want to give them a little boost because of the offense, they're still bad.

Not only that, but in comparison to Northwestern, our opponents don't really compare. They've played the likes of Towson, Eastern Michigan, and Miami of Ohio, and gave up 37 to the same Syracuse squad the Gophers gave up 20 to. And not to mention, gave up 35 to us lol. I wouldn't say Northwestern's defense is "way" worse than ours, but I do actually think we have a slightly better one when on equal terms.

Not only that, but in comparison to Northwestern, our opponents don't really compare. They've played the likes of Towson, Eastern Michigan, and Miami of Ohio, and gave up 37 to the same Syracuse squad the Gophers gave up 20 to. And not to mention, gave up 35 to us lol. I wouldn't say Northwestern's defense is "way" worse than ours, but I do actually think we have a slightly better one when on equal terms.

:clap:
+1. Let's remember that the Gophers haven't played a single soft opponent yet, and boast a non-conference schedule among the toughest in the country in addition to not playing two of the worst teams in the Big Ten (Michigan=the absolute worst, and Indiana).

Top Bottom