Stadium Bar Scene

mplsbadger

Reaction score
I'm usually in Ski-U-Mah but my tailgate party collapsed this week so it will be just me and one of my buddies. I have never checked out the bar scene before a game but intend to this weekend. Can anyone provide any recomendations? We'll still be parking in Ski-U-Mah.

In Madison, I was a big fan of Jingles/Stadium Bar because of the fenced in parking lot and outside bars & food. Do they do anything like that at Sally's or Stub & Herbs?

We're mid 40's, I'm married but he's single & went to the U so a scene with similarly aged alumnae might be ideal.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I have enjoyed Stub & Herbs before each game. Good beer selection along with other spirits. There seems to be a pretty decent turn out there every week. .Although all but one game has been at 11AM, so you can't really predict what the crowd might be like for this weekend with the 2:30 kickoff. Perfect distance from the stadium too.

I'm usually in Ski-U-Mah but my tailgate party collapsed this week so it will be just me and one of my buddies. I have never checked out the bar scene before a game but intend to this weekend. Can anyone provide any recomendations? We'll still be parking in Ski-U-Mah.

In Madison, I was a big fan of Jingles/Stadium Bar because of the fenced in parking lot and outside bars & food. Do they do anything like that at Sally's or Stub & Herbs?

We're mid 40's, I'm married but he's single & went to the U so a scene with similarly aged alumnae might be ideal.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sally's, and BWW @ Station 19 are typically more of a crowd of mid-20's and up. Not usually an overwhelming number of college students as drinks tend to be $5 or more per drink. So, I know when I was in college at the U, those prices would've been a little steep for me, but I still would have grudgingly payed them. :) :eek: HAHA. I'm 27, and I enjoy both places along with the Alumni Center, (few more blue hairs there) for a few cocktails before kickoff. These are the two places that I frequent before the games for a pre-game cocktail or two. We have a parking pass for the Washington Ave. Ramp for the season and the first stop is always Sally's for a beer or two, then we make our way down to BWW @ Station 19 for another cocktail or two and head into TCF bank. Usually, both BWW @ Station 19 and Sally's have music, the former will have a DJ set up in the parking lot. But, all-in-all, both offer a good genereal mixture of Gopher fans, young and old. I can't speak to Stub & Herbs as we usually skip this stop.

But, IMO, as someone without a tailgating pass, the bars in Stadium Village offer a nice alternative to give you some sort of a tailgating atmosphere near the stadium if you are not fortunate enough to have a pass (or afford one) in a tailgating lot near the stadium. Hope this helps some. Enjoy! :)

We usually pre-game at Sally's. We're all in our 40s, and most of the crowd seems to be our age. It's a pretty good atmosphere before games (and after) when the weather is good. As it gets colder, in past seasons they've had tents with heaters outside. Don't know whether they'll have that this weekend or not.

Stubs, Sally's and BW's are all fun. It will be cold so I am assuming Sally's and Bw's will have tents up and they usually have music going. Have always had fun at both. Usually some eye candy too

I was in the same situation for the Northwestern game and we went Sally's pre-game after having a quick couple of bloody Marys by the car before heading over. This was the first time I was not strictly tailgating in our normal lot before a game and it was a nice change of pace. The place was full but not uncomfortably so and the crowd was a nice mix of all ages.

Thanks all. Will plan to start at Sally's and perhaps migrate through BWW on our way into the stadium.

We brough beers in our back packs and just walked around the tailgating area and met lots of great people.

On the one game a year or so I head to, we usually start with a sub and a bloody at the Big Ten and thne move on to Sally's. Good crowds but not overwhelming. Sally's after the game is good fun as well.

I usually have 5 or 6 at the homebase then head to the big ten for breakfast..

campus pizza on washington avenue (right next to stub & herbs) is always a good spot too.

What used to be Leaning Tower of Pizza is now called the Hole. For $20 you can park in their lot and they give you a $20 gift certificate type thing, so its essentially free. And they have build your own Bloodies.

Top Bottom