St mary's

gophersfan

Reaction score
they going to win West Coast Conference title, that means they and Gonzaga are in the NCAA. this will take away a at large bid for another school. not good for Minnesota. we better win Thursday and Friday and get to Saturday or esle.

not saying we should be in, we don't derseve to be in the big dance.

st. mary's was on the bubble, but was in 95% of bracketologys before they won tonite. It does hurt in that if they woulda lost tonite, and we would have won 2 in the btt, we may have leapfrogged them. ODU winning was bigger IMO, as well as Butler winning tomorrow nite

St. Mary's was almost certainly in, regardless. A loss wouldn't have really hurt them, and I don't see how the Gophers could have matched their resume without winning the BTT tournament anyways.

This site: http://www.bracketography.com/

Has the Gophers in the tournament as the final at large team (a 13 seed playing BYU in San Jose).

My own personal opinion is that if the Gophers can win 2 in the Big Ten Tournament (including a quality win over MSU), we will be on the edge of our seats watching the selection show.

That said, how many chances has this team had to lock up a bid? I can't decide what's more likely: a loss to Penn State or a loss to MSU. A loss to Penn State would simply be embarrassing and similar to several games this year, while a loss to MSU would represent at least a 4th failed opportunity to get a win that could put the Gophers in the dance.

Of the 3 potential 'bid stealers' tonight, it was for important that ODU and Sienna win and they did. St. Mary's likely would have been in either way, especially given how well they played. They were simply better then Gonzaga tonight, and even if the Zags had squeaked it out, St. Mary's likely would have earned that at-large bid.

Top Bottom