Spring Practice Observations

I understand the need to rationalize everything PJ says or does but it’s ok to take issue with some things at times. Nobody will kick you out of the fan club. Well, maybe a few here will try. Gotta believe the players particularly young or backup would have liked to have been on BTN, even if it’s just a scrimmage. Everyone likes to get some tv time. And, media exposure is always good for building goodwill and talk amongst fans, media, YouTubers and podcasters. Drives interest and excitement going into the fall.

We’re hearing good things about eg the DL maturing and growing and it would be cool for non-local fans or otherwise busy with life fans to get a look at the team rather than relying on Burns or a fans perspective. I’m highly, highly skeptical opposing staff will be able to coordinate NIL during the short spring window to grab unproven backup players they see on a BTN scrimmage broadcast. We know who the proven stars are. They surely know about Jah Joyner and a certain star in the making RB who is probably held out anyway. Programs with large NIL funds aren’t likely to be trolling for unproven backups from MN.

It’s good to hear Lindsey looks good. It sounds like Brosmer might be a Morgan clone. I wonder if there’s any chance Lindsey could be the starter?

It’s good to hear Lindsey looks good. It sounds like Brosmer might be a Morgan clone. I wonder if there’s any chance Lindsey could be the starter?
I have been telling you ever since Max signed, do not under estimate the ability of Lindsey!!!!! He may be the starter beginning early in the season.!!!!

Every school has a little different fan base. The Washington Huskies new coach Jedd Fisch, is bringing back a real game as the last spring practice for the team. It’s at night and the special Season Ticket Club seats are sold out for the May 3rd event. All other seats are lower level general admission and free.

View attachment 31116
Can’t have that nice of a thing here. Too afraid.

Sorry general public fans :(

They didn't have a quote on quote Spring Game but they did scrimmage last Saturday for the players, coaches families, and close friends. I was only able to attend because I know a staff member. Defense is looking really good. The DL is going to cause problems for opposing offenses. The LB's will be solid as long as they can stay healthy. Secondary is way better than last year especially at CB. Safeties got a little work to do but once everyone is healthy they should be ok. I'm sure is Koi will be in the rotation at some point and he should help them depth wise. Offense is starting to show a promise. They threw the ball a lot. Max played maybe 2 series and looked solid. My main concern is his height and having time in the pocket. The OL had a decent mixed with the 1's and 2's so the chemistry wasn't the best but I believe they will be solid come August. The RB's held their own for the most, Taylor sat out of course because we need help 100% come August. The WR's still rattled by injuries but the backup's made some solid catches. What stood out the most for me was Drake. He looked really good and made some very impressive throws. All in all the is team has the potential to be sneaky good. Not saying they're going to win 10 games or even break .500, but they will be very competitive.
It’s spring and a bunch of players are out recovering from clean-up surgeries (this per PAAS).

Not a ton of stock to put into the performances.

Every school has a little different fan base. The Washington Huskies new coach Jedd Fisch, is bringing back a real game as the last spring practice for the team. It’s at night and the special Season Ticket Club seats are sold out for the May 3rd event. All other seats are lower level general admission and free.

View attachment 31116
Smart. Ride the wave from the CFP. Keep the fanbase interested.

I have been telling you ever since Max signed, do not under estimate the ability of Lindsey!!!!! He may be the starter beginning early in the season.!!!!

He’s TALL!
He has a Big Arm!
He can RUN!
What could possibly go wrong?

So…. When have we heard this before? It sounds weirdly familiar.

Last edited:

We’ve had freshman starters before. I hope Fleck starts the one that looks the best regardless of class. There’s a lot that goes into it to make the decision.

I'm 99% sure a healthy Max will be the starter for the first 3-4 games at least. Even if he doesn't look as good as the freshman in practice. It's different in real games and PJ will want to see what Max has in live fire situations.

However, if he stinks he's likely to get pulled pretty fast since he has no future with the program beyond this season.

I'm 99% sure a healthy Max will be the starter for the first 3-4 games at least. Even if he doesn't look as good as the freshman in practice. It's different in real games and PJ will want to see what Max has in live fire situations.

However, if he stinks he's likely to get pulled pretty fast since he has no future with the program beyond this season.
I have yet to see Fleck pull a QB "pretty fast" when playing poorly. I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

I’ve been told that Fleck picks favorites and won’t bench one of his ‘pets’, no matter what.

Most coaches are slow to bench starters.

Fans, on the other hand, always love the second-string QB.

There may be a small issue with letting other teams see our guys in the spring, but it isn’t a secret who is good and who can help other teams.

So it becomes a balancing between that and will a Spring game generate fan enthusiasm. I personally think it does generate fan enthusiasm, and I think it’s a bad decision.

And to those who say it doesn’t matter it just about winning and losing. Of course that is the biggest factor but that doesn’t make it the only issue when it comes to fan interest.

If this happens it'll be super friggin exciting or super friggin depressing, depending on the circumstances behind it happening😅

Top Bottom