Spring game to be on Big Ten network

Goldyrocks

Reaction score
I checked today on tv if the game was going to be on bigten network but they didn't have it. Are they going to have it on?

the Spring game will be shown live at Gophersports.com in the gold zone. you have to have there package to get it.

It'll be on the big 10 on delay. Last year they replayed it a couple times and had some nice commentary to go with it.

Not true on either point.

As I was typing up my strongly worded rebuttal I remembered that last years spring game was at St. Thomas. I was thinking of the fall scrimmage at the bank that the big 10 televised. So yeah I was wrong but I'm sure they follow that basic format.

Why wouldn't the BTN cover it?

They are going to show some of it in their spring recap show. However, the entire game is not scheduled to be broadcast live or on tape delay.

They only showed like 4 school's games in their entirety..the rest are all getting covered like ours will be.

It's a free chance to watch the game at the new stadium under the sun... and you want to watch it on TV??

Not everybody lives nearby.

Exactly. I'd love to make it up for the game this year, but I live 5+ hours away, and can't get away for the entire weekend. Coach Brew left a pre-recorded voicemail on my phone (I think all season ticket holders got one) and it fired me up for Gopher football. I was really hoping the BTN would cover it - guess I'll have to settle on the recap.

Why wouldn't the BTN cover it?

I can understand not covering it live, but IMO there is no excuse for the U or any other school to not have their spring game shown on tape delay at 2am or whenever.

I can understand not covering it live, but IMO there is no excuse for the U or any other school to not have their spring game shown on tape delay at 2am or whenever.

2 AM?

I don't think their prime time programing this time of year is all that enticing.

Coach Brew left a pre-recorded voicemail on my phone (I think all season ticket holders got one) and it fired me up for Gopher football.

I saw I had a voicemail on Saturday night and that it was from an Ohio area code and was trying to think of who it could be when I started listening and heard Brew talking up the spring game and all the activities accompanying it. Wish I could go, but like you it got me thinking about Gopher football again - specifically, which road games to attend. Airfare can go ahead and start dropping anytime now....

2 AM?

I don't think their prime time programing this time of year is all that enticing.

I don't think 2am is preferable to anything but NOT ON AT ALL. I'm just saying, if there concern is ratings, just play it at 2am so we can at least tivo it or stay up to watch it. I don't understand not showing it at all. Is there no fairness aspect to the BTN? They have ZERO U of M programming. I just feel like we are getting short shrift, although we do get some gopher hockey games I guess.

Sounds like time to hit the BT network site hard with emails. Why would they change the poor coverage if no one complains!!!

Top Bottom