Spring Game on KFAN

WhatAMaroon

Reaction score
Just heard a commercial on KFAN saying they were broadcasting the Spring game. Has that ever happened before? Will be interesting to hear who is doing it.

that is cool. i was just going to ask the same thing. was it ever on wcco in the past? we have been at the past several spring games, so i am not aware of what was on the radio at the time of the game.

CCO

Used to broadcast it there for a few years but let it lag. They used to have the head coach-Wacker I think--maybe Mason-in the booth to help do the play by play.

I could be wrong, but I think Paul Giel may have negotiated the Spring Game on then channel 9 back in the 70's. The former home of the Gophers traded on Geil's former position as Sports Director in the 60's. That was 50 years ago, and up till last year they still traded on that, and delivered squat.

Looks like they now have a vested interest in promoting the Gophers. I have one of those in-stadium radios, where they rebroadcast the game over short-range radio, I hope they have this service working for the Spring Game. The open practices have had people talking more about Gopher football, I hope people are aware of the Spring Game.

WCCO had the spring game a couple of years ago when it was over at St. Thomas. I was at the game that day, so I couldn't tell you how good, bad, or ugly the broadcast was.

I doubt that there will be enough people there to justify turning the in-stadium radios on.

I doubt that there will be enough people there to justify turning the in-stadium radios on.

Are they charged per radio wave? I don't think it would be too much to ask some guy to lean over and flip a switch.

Top Bottom