Sports Illustrated 2011 College Football Preview. (*fart noise*)

Jessica Alba Fan Club

Resident Patrick Bateman
Reaction score
Well got my issue today in the mail. Opened it up and saw this:

- Nebraska Cornhusker on the cover, front and center.
- The whole issue is practically an SEC preview, with all the West ranked. (Except Ol Miss, sorry Big Mike.)
- They pick Alabama to win it all, as far as I can tell.

Now what you all been waiting for, they pick the Minnesota Gophers to finish dead last in the Legends Division with an 3-9 record and going 0-8 in the Big Ten. Really, going nil in the Big Ten this year? Come on, give us some credit. We play Iowa and Illinois at home this year! They did give a little space to Troy Stoudemire as a "player to watch" this season. Here is what it said.

Troy Stoudemire KR-CB, Minnesota, Senior
After gaining 27.2 yards per return in '10, he needs 190 yards to break the NCAA alltime record if 3,118.
Will be a starting corner after making six starts last year.

Other things to note:

They pick Wisconsin and Nebraska to meet in Indy this year with the Huskers taking the first B1G title.
Coach on the rise: Brady Hoke, Michigan. Coach on the hot seat, Ron Zook, Illinois.
They picked all the B1G teams, except us and Indiana to reach a Bowl game.

Best Conference: SEC (Big Ten was second.)
Best Game: Oregon at Stanford - Nov 12th (Neb @ Wis also made the list.)
Best Coach: Gary Patterson, TCU (Kill's wedding buddy.)
Best Tradition: Ohio State marching band spelling out O-H-I-O. (fart noise again.)

That sums it up.

You're actually getting pissy about this? This kind of preview should not be a surprise. It's only how basically every preview has looked up until now.

I'm not bothered by the predictions, they just predicted pretty much what everyone else picked, usually it's 3 non-conference wins and 0 or 1 conference wins. It's a great opportunity to really exceed expectations. It is year one for a new coach with a team that won only three games last season, it's hard to predict much better.

I have to think the defense will be improved over last year, they have a solid core returning and ended up winning the last two Big Ten games. The way the national sportscasters are forecasting makes me believe that the offense is going to be a problem. The inexperience at quarterback may make a bigger difference than is thought, otherwise I just don't see the pessimistic predictions for this team. I just can't see them going 0-8 in conference unless they can't score.

Stewart Mandel online at si.com has us 1-7 in the Big Ten 4-8 overall....

Hasn't Ron Zook been on the "hot seat" for like 3 years now? By now I would imagine he's run out of good trousers.

No one should be upset with predictions. First of all, which B1G game should we be favored in? On paper, if odds were sent out today, I doubt we'd be favored in any of the games. And while there's a good chance we'll have a good day or 2 or 3 while other teams are having bad days, that doesn't mean that right now anybody should pick us to win a certain game.

Top Bottom