Sports Gambling: Favorite Play in Big West: Take the over on MN

swingman

Reaction score
College Football Win Total Predictions: Big Ten (West)
  • dcdb47d15f37d67b126be5a5cd3dc1b4
  • August 17, 2021
    Nick Dant
College Football Win Total Predictions: Big Ten (West)

Big Ten (West) Favorite Play:​

Minnesota: 6.5 Wins (O-125 / U+105)​

Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Preview | The College Football Experience (Ep. 732)
Did people forget that Minnesota went 11-2 in 2019? Disregard last year. The Golden Gophers were one of teams that COVID hit the hardest in the country and they still put up a respectable 3-4 record with two of the losses in OT. PJ Fleck is a heckuva head coach and his team is primed for a bounce-back season.
QB Tanner Morgan is a veteran that’s set to begin his 4th year as the starter in Minneapolis. Good luck finding another QB in the conference, or in the country, with as much experience as Morgan. Expect a stellar season from one of the best QBs in the Big Ten.
Mohamed Ibrahim also returns and is one of the top RBs in the nation. The junior from Baltimore ran for over 1,000 yards and 15 TDs in just seven games a season ago. Check the highlights and see for yourself.

hqdefault.jpg

Additionally, Minnesota has a dynamic group of pass catchers, led by Chris Autman-Bell. The offensive line also returns four starters and might be the best unit Fleck has had while at Minnesota. There’s a lot to like about this Golden Gopher offense.
The defense struggled last season but almost everyone returns and there’s a Clemson-transfer coming in at DT to fortify the interior. Minnesota was decimated by COVID so the final defensive stats aren’t a true representation of the talent and experience returning. This unit will at least be a middle-of-the-pack defense within the league which should be good enough to win a lot of games.
The schedule starts with Ohio State coming into Huntington Bank Stadium Week 1. While I’m not saying Minnesota will win, I expect this to be a tight game. In addition to OSU, Minnesota gets Maryland and Indiana from the East which is manageable. PJ Fleck will have this squad winning at least 8 games. I’m all about the Over.
My Prediction: OVER

Which books have the Gophers at 6.5 I have seen them at 7. Much different bet at 6.5 I need to go find this.

Which books have the Gophers at 6.5 I have seen them at 7. Much different bet at 6.5 I need to go find this.
DraftKings has them at 6.5 for -125. I got them on BetRivers at 7 for +100.

DraftKings has them at 6.5 for -125. I got them on BetRivers at 7 for +100.
Dang, looks like I pulled the trigger too soon on my bets! Below is where I'm in and where it's at today on DK:
  • Over 7 wins at -113 (6.5 at -125)
  • Winning the West at +650 (+900)
  • Winning the B1G at +1600 (+2200)

Dang, looks like I pulled the trigger too soon on my bets! Below is where I'm in and where it's at today on DK:
  • Over 7 wins at -113 (6.5 at -125)
  • Winning the West at +650 (+900)
  • Winning the B1G at +1600 (+2200)
Yeah, I'm OVER at 7 as well, sure would be nicer to be at 6.5 in case crap hits the fan. Hopefully it won't matter.

Yeah, I'm OVER at 7 as well, sure would be nicer to be at 6.5 in case crap hits the fan. Hopefully it won't matter.
I figured Minnesota would gain steam as the summer went along and people realized they're returning so much production on offense and brought in several impact transfers at positions of need. I was dead wrong as the odds have went the other way, lol!

if anyone gets down to Diamond Jo’s just across the Iowa border, let us know if you see this available. I’m putting money on this as well.

if anyone gets down to Diamond Jo’s just across the Iowa border, let us know if you see this available. I’m putting money on this as well.
On FanDuel which is at Diamond Joes
+3000 B1G
+1000 B1G West
-110 for over 7 wins
-110 for under 7 wins

How about this bet -- who wins more games this year - the Gophers or the Vikings. Yeah I know the Vikings play 17 games - but I think it will be close! (and I STILL take the Gophers!)

Top Bottom