Sports Cars

OldBob53

Reaction score
Lets say you up to $200k to blow on a really fast car.. What would you get?

Heres an idea, a Camaro ZL1 for only about $65 K.
6.2L supercharged V8, 650 hp, 650 ft lbs torque, 0 -60 in 3.5 seconds.....

Dang, can't insert an image... I get an "Oops something went wrong message". What are the magic keystrokes?

Last edited:

Heres an idea, a Camaro ZL1 for only about $65 K.
6.2L supercharged V8, 650 hp, 650 ft lbs torque, 0 -60 in 3.5 seconds.....
Is the remaining $135,000 going toward fast women?

The Tesla Roadster has a base price of $200k, the quickest car on the planet. 1.9s 0-60 mph, a top of speed of 250 mph+.

That's just plain ridiculous. I've got a Model S and it's faster than anything you ever need to drive. I hammered a Lamborghini off a red light, didn't know what hit him and I don't even have the Performance version. Who needs to go 0-60 mph in faster than 4 seconds?

id stay away from the exotic cars. maintenance and upkeep are too expensive. i like the ford mustang. personally, i’d buy a ford focus rs. tons of power for the weight. real back seat and storage in the back. handles better than mustang.

most high hp cars are totally impractical for the street. the focus you can push to the limit on the street without losing your license or putting others in danger.

i have a 2019 dodge charger. only 370 hp tho
God, I remember when 370 hp would have been world class, back in the late 70s and early 80s after the energy crisis when automakers were clueless and cut hp to improve gas mileage.

I bought the fastest car I could afford: a Ford Fairmont Futura with about 145 hp in a V8, though the torque was sufficient to pull stumps.

The Tesla Roadster has a base price of $200k, the quickest car on the planet. 1.9s 0-60 mph, a top of speed of 250 mph+.

That's just plain ridiculous. I've got a Model S and it's faster than anything you ever need to drive. I hammered a Lamborghini off a red light, didn't know what hit him and I don't even have the Performance version. Who needs to go 0-60 mph in faster than 4 seconds?
Unless your'e prepared for new tires every few days 200+ mph is not advisable.... And then there's the law, always lurking.

Not a sports car, but my dream car is a power blue 1985 Buick LeSabre. Had one in high school. Let's just say those bench seats got a lot of mileage.

1580483231739.png

1580483291185.png

Not a sports car, but my dream car is a power blue 1985 Buick LeSabre. Had one in high school. Let's just say those bench seats got a lot of mileage.

View attachment 7033

View attachment 7034
How do you get images to post? What are the secret keystrokes? Ive tried various combinations of "insert image", "attach files", "link" but only get a message: "Oops , something has gone wrong"

id stay away from the exotic cars. maintenance and upkeep are too expensive. i like the ford mustang. personally, i’d buy a ford focus rs. tons of power for the weight. real back seat and storage in the back. handles better than mustang.

most high hp cars are totally impractical for the street. the focus you can push to the limit on the street without losing your license or putting others in danger.

Maybe it's just me...but the Focus RS is ugly as sin.

How do you get images to post? What are the secret keystrokes? Ive tried various combinations of "insert image", "attach files", "link" but only get a message: "Oops , something has gone wrong"
I just right click Copy Image, and then Paste into my message. Don't need to go the whole Insert Image route, at least I don't.

I just right click Copy Image, and then Paste into my message. Don't need to go the whole Insert Image route, at least I don't.
Thanks Nokomis, Ill try that.

I'd just buy a new GMC with the fancy tail gate then spend the rest on hookers, blow and maybe a few new guns.

I'm watching Ford vs. Ferrari, starring Matt Damon.... Its pretty good, 4 out of 5 stars.

Tesla Roadster? I visited the Tesla website and found the model S but not a "Roadster". The S does 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds which is still ludicrously fast, top speed 163 mph.

Maybe it's just me...but the Focus RS is ugly as sin.
it’s got a flat brim hat wearing, juul vaping, monster drinking vibe to it, yeah. but not as bad as the subaru wrx sti or honda civic si. especially in a muted color.

it’s got a flat brim hat wearing, juul vaping, monster drinking vibe to it, yeah. but not as bad as the subaru wrx sti or honda civic si. especially in a muted color.

Negative. Both of those are much more attractive cars than the Focus RS. That's just one of the most hideous looking cars of recent history. Specs are good though.

Tesla Roadster? I visited the Tesla website and found the model S but not a "Roadster". The S does 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds which is still ludicrously fast, top speed 163 mph.
The Roadster isn't available yet, but soon.

The Model S WITHOUT the "P", Performance version, goes as fast as you say. The other Model S versions "only" go 0-60 in somewhere just below or above 4 seconds, which is still really, really f'ng quick. With the Model S P100D, you get the acceleration option of "Ludicrous" on the panel (someone had a sense of humor from Spaceballs); on the other Model S', you only get the options of "Standard" and "Chill" for acceleration. I've never had it set on "Chill" for so much as one mile the entire time I've had the car. "Chill" is basically just acceleration like any other normal car, pretty flat-footed compared to "Standard".

Top Bottom