Specs on width of chairback and bench seating

GoAUpher

Section 246
Reaction score
I e-mailed the ticket office today about the width of the chairback seats as well as the width of the bench "seats". Here is the reply I recieved:
The width of a seat in the chairback section is 16.5 inches. The width of a “seat” in the bench sections are 19 inches. These are wider than the seats at the Metrodome.​

This seemed off so I did some more digging. I knew there were some comparisons between the Dome seats and the new Target field seats on the Twins webpage. Here's what I found (screenshot of chart below):
- Per this website, TCF chairbacks are 19" wide. This would be the same as the Dome (not sure where the special 21" were located).
- Bleacher width is not listed.
- You'll get an extra 2 inches of leg room at TCF vs. at the Dome

Since these stats differ from what I heard from the Ticket Office I'm going to reply back to them for more info.

Attachments

• Seating comparisons.jpg
    Seating comparisons.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 54

I believe the 21" seats are are in the outdoor club section as I heard they are abit wider there.

I believe the 21" seats are are in the outdoor club section as I heard they are abit wider there.

Are you referring to Outdoor Club at TCF or at the Dome? The TCF Outdoor Club seats are definitely 21". If you're referring to the Dome, where were the Outdoor Club seats? I wasn't aware there were any. :)

sweet! i can keep on eating like crap and not exercising at all!

I e-mailed the ticket office today about the width of the chairback seats as well as the width of the bench "seats". Here is the reply I recieved:
The width of a seat in the chairback section is 16.5 inches. The width of a “seat” in the bench sections are 19 inches. These are wider than the seats at the Metrodome.​

This seemed off so I did some more digging. I knew there were some comparisons between the Dome seats and the new Target field seats on the Twins webpage. Here's what I found (screenshot of chart below):
- Per this website, TCF chairbacks are 19" wide. This would be the same as the Dome (not sure where the special 21" were located).
- Bleacher width is not listed.
- You'll get an extra 2 inches of leg room at TCF vs. at the Dome

Since these stats differ from what I heard from the Ticket Office I'm going to reply back to them for more info.

;)

I contacted the ticket office last week. They said the dimensions of the seat is 16.5 inches and it is 19.5 inches from the middle of the armrest to the middle of the next armrest. 19 inches, as stated, for the bleachers. Question? Are you able to bring seat cushions into the stadium?

I knew the Dome sucked

all those years with less that 19.5 inches of seat width - and no one told me. Mason knew all along I'm sure of it!!

My guess is that the width of the bench seats will vary a little from row to row mainly in the corners. Because each row is going to have have a little different length for example the top row will be longer than the bottom row. Then you factor in how many seats are in a row there will be a little variation there.

My guess is that the width of the bench seats will vary a little from row to row mainly in the corners. Because each row is going to have have a little different length for example the top row will be longer than the bottom row. Then you factor in how many seats are in a row there will be a little variation there.

Not to mention there isn't any real seat on a bench so if the bench has a large number of kids or thinner people it will leave more room for people than if it is full of former linemen.

Don't worry about the seats....you should be standing the entire game anyway :clap:

Now wait just a minute!! Are you saying that Club Seats are wider than the normal seats? That Club Seat members will get something the normal paying customers won't?

Please, someone, call the state legislature. This is an outrage! Get a law on the books that says if one person gets 21-inch seats, then we all should get 21-inch seats! I won't stand for anything less! I don't care if the state is about to go broke and there are bigger issues to worry about. Contact your state lawmaker today!!!! Equal seating for all!

Now wait just a minute!! Are you saying that Club Seats are wider than the normal seats? That Club Seat members will get something the normal paying customers won't?

Please, someone, call the state legislature. This is an outrage! Get a law on the books that says if one person gets 21-inch seats, then we all should get 21-inch seats! I won't stand for anything less! I don't care if the state is about to go broke and there are bigger issues to worry about. Contact your state lawmaker today!!!! Equal seating for all!

I concur! I also demand flat screens for everyone, not just the rich pigs :pig: in the premium seats! While we're at it I think they should give me some of their unfairly high income as well!:p

I concur! I also demand flat screens for everyone, not just the rich pigs :pig: in the premium seats! While we're at it I think they should give me some of their unfairly high income as well!:p

Nice use of the :pig: icon. It's my favorite icon that I never have a reason to use. That and the :cool03: icon.

I contacted the ticket office last week. They said the dimensions of the seat is 16.5 inches and it is 19.5 inches from the middle of the armrest to the middle of the next armrest. 19 inches, as stated, for the bleachers. Question? Are you able to bring seat cushions into the stadium?

No. Please no.

That's what we really need, a quiet 50,000 people sitting on their asses all game.

"Not to mention there isn't any real seat on a bench"

They are numbered and your seat will extend 9.5" each side of that number. They are real seats. Seat cushions and bolt on seats with backs will be available.

No. Please no.

That's what we really need, a quiet 50,000 people sitting on their asses all game.

What are you talking about? Someone who wants to sit on their hands is going to do that regardless of if they have a seat cushion.

You can bring your own seat cushion for use on the bleacher seats but you can't bring anything with a back on it that must be rented by game or by season.

misc questions on seats

Do all of the chairback seats have cup holders?

Does anyone know anything about the rented chair backs for the bleachers they are planning on using--do they only have a back on them and you sit on the bleachers or do they also have a "seat" so you are on something other than the aluminum bleachers. Are they padded?

has anyone heard or guessing if they will in the near future (within 10 years or if they land the soccer matches for the Chicago olympics in 2016) if they will convert some of the bleachers to chairback seating?

Do all of the chairback seats have cup holders?

Does anyone know anything about the rented chair backs for the bleachers they are planning on using--do they only have a back on them and you sit on the bleachers or do they also have a "seat" so you are on something other than the aluminum bleachers. Are they padded?

has anyone heard or guessing if they will in the near future (within 10 years or if they land the soccer matches for the Chicago olympics in 2016) if they will convert some of the bleachers to chairback seating?

Chairbacks all have cup holders as I understand it.

In pictures I have seen, and from others who have rented them at other stadiums, I think they will be a padded seat with a back, but it seams most for other schools don't have arms. They will not have cup holders for sure.

I don't think the bleachers will ever be turned into chairbacks. It is much easier to have bleachers in the corners.

Top Bottom