Special Teams Coach

We were off sides. It was close, but we were. Add in the field goal struggles and blocked punt. Special teams lost us the game IMO.
Apparently you haven’t seen any of the video or photo evidence conclusively showing the Gophers were NOT offsides ?

It is literally being shown on every media outlet and halftime highlight segment, being called out as an awful call.

STs played a lot better today on the whole IMO. Perich had multiple long punt returns and minimized damage on kickoff returns after the first one. Kesich missed one yes, but barely and in the early rain from 50+, so that’s obviously not on the coach. Crawford was FAAAARRRR better today after his embarrassing effort last week, but the blocked punt is inexcusable…on that I’ll agree. If Minnesota is to have any chance of elevating as a program in the new B1G, STs really do have to improve to a great extent.

Last edited:

Apparently you haven’t seen any of the video or photo evidence conclusively showing the Gophers were NOT offsides ?

It is literally being shown on every media outlet and halftime highlight segment, being called out as an awful call.
I mean, yeah it is pretty close but I can see how that is called offside. Can't be that mad over one call. Still think people are overlooking the blocked punt/poor punting season and consistent FG problems this season. With better special teams, we win vs UNC and probably @ Mich.

I mean, yeah it is pretty close but I can see how that is called offside. Can't be that mad over one call. Still think people are overlooking the blocked punt/poor punting season and consistent FG problems this season. With better special teams, we win vs UNC and probably @ Mich.
Translation: “yes, it was a horrible call at a critical moment but I don’t admit when I’m wrong so here is some unrelated stuff for you to read and hopefully be distracted with.”

Top Bottom