Speaking of Recruiting...:)

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
What will Brooks Bollinger's message be to potential recruits to play for him at Hill-Murray? It will be interesting to see how long he stays at the Hockey school. Tough conference at the top with St. Thomas and Mahtomedi.

When was the last time Hill Murray had a football player we were recruiting?

Is it Brooks Bollinger, Brook Bollingers, Brooks Bollingers, Brook's Bollinger, Brookses Bollinger, or what? We's hates the Bagginses.

What about Chet Shoe, Clems Haskin?

Acutally, he will regale the players with the tales of his UFL highlights. I just have a mood on today.

The OP mean that BB will tout UW over U of M for kids who have the skill to play in the Big Ten less OSU.

Your answer

Could it be Andy Persby? I think he was a Hill Murray QB recruit who played earlier in the Mason era. I thought the kid was tough as nails and enjoyed some success in a shortened career. I think he went strictly baseball and I believe was a Twins prospect at one point. I lost track of him and would believe he's out of baseball at this point.

We got a QB, Andy Persby, out of HM in the early 90's. He was fantastic in high school and never amounted to much at the U. Last one I remember.

I see CWCWCWCWCWCWCWCWCW beat me to it. You are right, he was drafted by the Twins as a pitcher and I think pitched for 3 or 4 years before giving it up. I don't recall if he played for the Gopher baseball team, although he very well may have...

I might be completely wrong but I think he might have been talking about private high schools and recruiting.

So, let's see now: just what school district is Hill Murray given by the state to draw students from? What is their area/territory? Which school district feeds them tax-payer money to buy books, clean, heat and maintain the school? Where do their band kids come from? How about the kids in their math and English classes?

Catholic and all private schools HAVE to recruit every student that attends their school. There is tuition to pay. Perhaps there is a fafsa-type schreening form that helps determine exactly how much tuition each family has to pay. but make NO mistake about it...no private school is assigned a specific district from which their students will come to attend that school.

Good luck to Hill Murray! Go out and recruit all kinds of hard-working, brilliant math students and science students and musicians and yes...even some athletes. Work hard. Study harder. And go kick tail in the speech contests, one act play competitions, hockey, football and any other sports. NAIL those ACT and SAT test scores as well as those honors and AP classes.

And, may you attract enough students to be able to compete in ALL areas...athletic, academic, music, and every other area. And good luck to BB and his football team. Get out there and give the public schools all the competition they can stand. It is good for educational systems to compete with one another in every area.

So, let's see now: just what school district is Hill Murray given by the state to draw students from? What is their area/territory? Which school district feeds them tax-payer money to buy books, clean, heat and maintain the school? Where do their band kids come from? How about the kids in their math and English classes?

Catholic and all private schools HAVE to recruit every student that attends their school. There is tuition to pay. Perhaps there is a fafsa-type schreening form that helps determine exactly how much tuition each family has to pay. but make NO mistake about it...no private school is assigned a specific district from which their students will come to attend that school.

Good luck to Hill Murray! Go out and recruit all kinds of hard-working, brilliant math students and science students and musicians and yes...even some athletes. Work hard. Study harder. And go kick tail in the speech contests, one act play competitions, hockey, football and any other sports. NAIL those ACT and SAT test scores as well as those honors and AP classes.

And, may you attract enough students to be able to compete in ALL areas...athletic, academic, music, and every other area. And good luck to BB and his football team. Get out there and give the public schools all the competition they can stand. It is good for educational systems to compete with one another in every area.

This guy must really like to hear his own voice, all he does is ramble on and on...

I was just saying how I interpreted the OP. Sorry if I'm completely off.

I was just saying how I interpreted the OP. Sorry if I'm completely off.

For the record, I have no problem with private schools recruiting. I think that should have to compete at the highest level in sports, however.

I have a large problem with them recruiting "athletes"...

For the record, I have no problem with private schools recruiting. I think that should have to compete at the highest level in sports, however.

I have zero problem with them recruiting "students". I wish I could come up with the End-All, Be-All definition to answer for which is which. I like the idea of forcing them out to play for their own titles, worked before and really cut down on the athletic only recruiting. The rub, of course, comes from the fact that many public schools seem to recruit athletes as well. (cough...Hopkins..cough and many,many others...)
This is a huge blemish on High School Sports and I for one don't have the answer.
I do think that public monies going to Private schools is a huge mistake and needs to be stopped immediately.

Good for Bollinger. Great college QB. Here's hoping that Kill and Brooks can become good buddies.

Top Bottom