Sparty updates

swingman

Reaction score
will likely be considered Gophers toughest opponent next year...play them for game 9, in East Lansing, Nov. 5...

we get a bye the week before playing them...they play at PSU and host Michigan in two weeks before playing us...

our schedule appears to be backloaded, with Iowa game 4 and Purdue game 7 only teams in first 8 games with winning records in 2021 (we get Hawkeyes and Boilers both at home)

MSU schedule appears front-loaded...opens at home against Quick Lane Bowl Champs WMU (which had nice wins vs Pitt and SJSU and NIU on resume), and plays four other winning teams (OSU, WI, MI and PSU) before getting to us

post-Bowl game, Tucker has received good news on two guys returning, three guys opting out (a fourth guy, star RB Walker, opted out pre-bowl game):

"...Safety Xavier Henderson is the second veteran starter to announce he will return to the Spartans instead of entering the draft after redshirt junior receiver Jayden Reed made the announcement on Tuesday. Michigan State has already lost four players with eligibility remaining to the draft in All-American running back Kenneth Walker III, receiver Jalen Nailor, tight end Connor Heyward and offensive lineman Kevin Jarvis."

Last edited:

What’s East Lansing like for a game? Better than West Lansing?

What’s East Lansing like for a game? Better than West Lansing?
I'll find out. I've been waiting for the Gophers to go to MSU for a while since it's close to a lot of family for me. Fingers crossed for the skybox

I'll find out. I've been waiting for the Gophers to go to MSU for a while since it's close to a lot of family for me. Fingers crossed for the skybox
Skybox?
Did u know we’re related?
I’m a cousin to Uncle Ned, yes that Uncle Ned!

If road tripping, stop at Bell’s Brewery on the way…also a South Bend campus drive through can be worked in…

If road tripping, stop at Bell’s Brewery on the way…also a South Bend campus drive through can be worked in…
Bells Oberon one of my top 5 beers. So good, especially on a hot summer day.

Too early to tell if they'll be the toughest matchup. They won quite a few very close games this year. Pulled a rabbit out of their hat against Michigan. Got trounced by OSU. Needed every last minute to beat Pitt without their first round QB in the Peach Bowl. Walker is gone.

Too early to tell if they'll be the toughest matchup. They won quite a few very close games this year. Pulled a rabbit out of their hat against Michigan. Got trounced by OSU. Needed every last minute to beat Pitt without their first round QB in the Peach Bowl. Walker is gone.
I would lump them in with us, Purdue, Iowa, and Wisconsin as all being very similar quality teams last year. Really just depended who made plays on any given day. Some breaks went their way and we were just the opposite at times.

Skybox?
Did u know we’re related?
I’m a cousin to Uncle Ned, yes that Uncle Ned!
you aren't far off from my skybox connection! I'm a distant relative of a guy who is in charge of Dan Gilbert's security. My sister and brother in law (MSU alum) got to go to the MSU-Nebraska game this year and sit in the skybox and meet Dantonio and all that. Would be cool to hook that up for a Gopher game there, but I'll still be in Lansing for it regardless.

The only time I have ever done a skybox for a football game was the infamous dropped punt snap in the Axe game back in 2005. So there's that hex too :)

you aren't far off from my skybox connection! I'm a distant relative of a guy who is in charge of Dan Gilbert's security. My sister and brother in law (MSU alum) got to go to the MSU-Nebraska game this year and sit in the skybox and meet Dantonio and all that. Would be cool to hook that up for a Gopher game there, but I'll still be in Lansing for it regardless.

The only time I have ever done a skybox for a football game was the infamous dropped punt snap in the Axe game back in 2005. So there's that hex too :)
Hope you get to go and I love those kinds of stories- I think that will be an amazing road win

We took an RV there in 2002...ran it up and down the field with Terry Jackson and Tapeh...moved to 7-1 on year and ranked #23... then lost to Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, and Wisconsin to end season (beat Arky in Bowl)...kids were hard core partiers..lot of on campus housing...they limited liquor licenses so a line to get in at every campus bar on Friday night...remember talking to students in one of the lines and he was talking about Jeff Smoker and his drug use...I think they fired the coach after that season

Top Bottom