Southwest bracket

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The Southwest bracket is ridiculous. If Kansas makes it to the Final 4, they will have done so by playing a #9 seed or worse in every game.

There have been 12 games in the southwest bracket and in 7 of those, the team that had the worse seed won. In the other 3 brackets combined, there have been a total of 5 "upsets".

I think it would be interesting if instead of 4 regions of 16 they seeded the teams 1-68 and just went with a traditional 1 bracket tournament. It would be interesting to see how the matchups would be different.

To make it easier for Kansas their games this weekend were in Oklahoma and next week they play in Texas and the final four is in Texas as well. If Kansas doesn't make the title game, I don't know what more the NCAA can do to help them.

To make it easier for Kansas their games this weekend were in Oklahoma and next week they play in Texas and the final four is in Texas as well. If Kansas doesn't make the title game, I don't know what more the NCAA can do to help them.

NCAA doesnt "help" teams, they help themselves by playing well during the regular season. Better the record the closer you play home, makes sense and rightfully so.

NCAA doesnt "help" teams, they help themselves by playing well during the regular season. Better the record the closer you play home, makes sense and rightfully so.

Please explain Florida getting a 2 seed to play in Orlando.

I didn't mean to say the tournament is rigged, I just meant to say ticket sales seem to affect seeding. This year kansas seems to have caught a break. Sorry about not clearly stating my opinion.

I think it would be interesting if instead of 4 regions of 16 they seeded the teams 1-68 and just went with a traditional 1 bracket tournament. It would be interesting to see how the matchups would be different.

You would still essentially get the same matchups and there would still pretty much be 4 "regions". They would just all be lined up on one side.

If I were a betting man, I would say that the bracket only appears the way it does is so it can fit on one sheet of paper for people making their picks.

It would be different in that right now they do not put the worst 8 and best 9 with the best one and such.

That's pretty much what they do already. Did you read the SI special where they did a mock seeding of all the teams about 3 weeks or so before the Dance began?

Teams get rewarded for having a successful regular season. That's part of why OSU played in Cleveland and Notre Dame playing in Chicago and North Carolina and Duke playing in Charlotte.

At a time in which coaches and teams are overwhelmingly judged by what happens in March, I like that the regular season means something.

Kansas didn't get a breat from the NCAA tournament, they did the work in the regular season to deserve a No. 1 seed and the perks that come with that.

Although VCU is getting a lot of attention for their run, and rightfully so, Florida State over Notre Dame was pretty surprising. Would love to see Richmond vs. VCU/Florida St for a shot at the Final Four!

That's pretty much what they do already. Did you read the SI special where they did a mock seeding of all the teams about 3 weeks or so before the Dance began?

I didn't...can I find that on the internet or do I need a subscription?

Although VCU is getting a lot of attention for their run, and rightfully so, Florida State over Notre Dame was pretty surprising. Would love to see Richmond vs. VCU/Florida St for a shot at the Final Four!

A Richmond/VCU regional final would be fun, but I don't think Richmond has much of a prayer against Kansas. VCU has a great shot of taking down FSU though.

Am attending the Southwest Regional later this week, so I'm kinda' bummed about what we'll see. ... Kansas and a bunch of lower seeds. I don't mind seeing one Cinderella when I'm at a Sweet 16 and regional final, but three lower seeds is a bummer. I'd rather see mostly heavy hitters who bring big crowds. ... adds to the tournament flavor. Was hoping to see a ND/Purdue matchup, but those teams gagged big time.

I imagine we'll be down there with about 30,000 Jayhawk fans and a smattering of Richmond, VCU & FSU fans to witness the KU regional coronation. Oh well, at least I'll be golfing the LaCantera courses for a couple days.

A Richmond/VCU regional final would be fun, but I don't think Richmond has much of a prayer against Kansas. VCU has a great shot of taking down FSU though.

Definitely agree. Not sure who's going to stop the Morris twins, but I'll still be pulling for the Spiders. As we've seen before, anything can happen come March.

Definitely agree. Not sure who's going to stop the Morris twins, but I'll still be pulling for the Spiders. As we've seen before, anything can happen come March.

Spiders have a legit Pro in Justin Harper who is more than capable of defending at least 1 of the Morris twins. They also have a defensive minded C whose name at the moment slips my mind. I think this game could be closer than most think.

Spiders have a legit Pro in Justin Harper who is more than capable of defending at least 1 of the Morris twins. They also have a defensive minded C whose name at the moment slips my mind. I think this game could be closer than most think.

Geriot maybe? Their matchup zone could definitely cause some problems, and I agree it should be closer than anticipated, especially if Anderson can get going.

I imagine we'll be down there with about 30,000 Jayhawk fans and a smattering of Richmond, VCU & FSU fans to witness the KU regional coronation. Oh well, at least I'll be golfing the LaCantera courses for a couple days.

Have fun, I've heard great things about the palmer. Enjoy your time on the links, it may be the only time you won't have to hear rock chalk jayhawk all weekend.

Thanks. Looking forward to golfing the Palmer Course. Have only golfed the Resort Course (where they used to hold the Texas Open).

Yes, I imagine the Rock Chalk cheer will be ringing in my head by the time I return to Minnesota.

Top Bottom