Souhan: 'What's-his-face' Springs provides more than zero off U bench

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Souhan:

Last year, during one of the worst seasons in Gophers history, Nate Mason and Jordan Murphy acclimated to the Big Ten. Then Richard Pitino brought in his best recruiting class, featuring Amir Coffey and Reggie Lynch.

Those players have provided the skill that has brought the Gophers to the cusp of national recognition. Sunday, they needed help from a less-celebrated player who hinted not long ago that he might not fit in.

“When what’s-his-face is making [three-pointers] — you know, Zero — that’s a heck of a weapon,” Ohio State coach Thad Matta said.

Akeem Springs wears No. 0.

http://www.startribune.com/what-s-h...an-zero-coming-off-gophers-bench/410042055/#1

Go Gophers!!

Not many teams in the country that would beat the Gophers when Springs is on, they are good when he is off but if he gets hot they just have to many weapons to cover everybody.

They continue to play defense, really a big turnaround from the last couple of years.

What's his face is a great addition to the team! #0

Souhan just show that he is a sports writer that doesn't pay attention. This is not the first game by any measure that Springs has had a major contribution in close games! I really like Springs, he is a solid player with a great attitude and shows great leadership and poise.

Souhan just show that he is a sports writer that doesn't pay attention. This is not the first game by any measure that Springs has had a major contribution in close games! I really like Springs, he is a solid player with a great attitude and shows great leadership and poise.

I'm all for bashing Souhan but he was using Motta's quote.

Souhan just show that he is a sports writer that doesn't pay attention, unless he is just chiding the remark by Thad. This is not the first game by any measure that Springs has had a major contribution in close games! I really like Springs, he is a solid player with a great attitude and shows great leadership and poise.

Tried to edit but some goofy issues w this site sometimes

Springs is by far better than Carlos Morris and Charles Buggs. And when I say "by far" I mean it is not even close

Who cares what the metrosexual writes or thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

His brother is a loser who rides Akeem's coat-tails but I really like Akeem...did so when he was at UW-Milwaukee as well!! Great leader and when he is on, gophers will be hard to beat.

Wait did people actually read the article or are we closed-minded when it comes to Souhan so we just rip what he writes? He's not bashing Springs. He's not saying Springs hasn't given them anything. It happened to be his biggest game of the year the night before a Souhan column and it was against an opponent the Gophers never beat. They wouldn't have won without Springs last night.

Thought it was a pretty good article illustrating not only the value Springs brings to the team as an "X-Factor" type guy but also how far the team has come that it can get meaningful contributions and win games with their top players not playing well because of a guy like Springs who can win a game with his hot shooting.

Wait did people actually read the article or are we closed-minded when it comes to Souhan so we just rip what he writes? He's not bashing Springs. He's not saying Springs hasn't given them anything. It happened to be his biggest game of the year the night before a Souhan column and it was against an opponent the Gophers never beat. They wouldn't have won without Springs last night.

Thought it was a pretty good article illustrating not only the value Springs brings to the team as an "X-Factor" type guy but also how far the team has come that it can get meaningful contributions and win games with their top players not playing well because of a guy like Springs who can win a game with his hot shooting.

On top of that, I think ole Jim is making a point to the fact that some teams may be discounting this team's depth. In my opinion it was not supposed to be a shot at Springs by any means.

Really fun team to watch when Springs knocks down three after three.

What Souhan doesn't realize is that Matta was being facetious. Springs on the post-game interview talked about how Matta actually called him before the match and said that he hoped Springs had a good game, but that the Gophers lost. Springs is apparently very close with former OSU player Lenzelle Smith, so Matta knew him personally.

Point is, Matta probably knows better than Souhan who Springs is.

^ Cool anecdote...but that ruin's Souhan's narrative :)

I still liked the column.

I'll bet there are a lot of local media people that hate that the Gophers are having success right now.

Top Bottom