Souhan on Tressel: For some, the cheating washes right off

Dan Monson continues to get paid for coaching, Clem is/was not. I'm guessing Monson will earn more than Clem in the end.

Egads. Souhan is the laziest writer in town.

Souhan, as usual, is RIGHT on the money!

I fear some of you people just can't stand the truth.

Monson received more bashing from many here on GopherHole than haskins, the man who cheated for years and years and drove Gopher Basketball to the gates of hell. The 6 or 7 years it took the NCAA sanctions, penalties, loss of scholarships and the killing blow to the soul of THE BARN will most likely not be totally recovered from for the remainder of the time the Gophers will play in THE BARN. In some ways, Monson had a couple of remarkable seasons during that time. In some ways, maybe ONE OR TWO better seasons than the current coach has managed to achieve yet. Monson was MUCH hated by the boosters, fans and the media and on the blogs...especially on the blogs and message boards while for the most part, haskins the perpetrator kind of disappeared. However, it was haskins who killed the spirit in THE BARN. He set it up for the kill-shot that the NCAA handed out several years later on top of the sanctions and penalties the U of M self-imposed immediately to try to get the clock ticking on the whole NCAA scandal thing. The administration at the U of M handled this entire cheating scandal and NCAA violations mess that haskins set up very poorly. Based upon results to date, it has not been a pretty picture over at THE BARN.

But, Souhan is right on with his editorial opinion piece. All You have to do to quiet Souhan and Reusse and others is to run totally clean programs, graduate ever increasing numbers of student athletes who compete in the revenue sports at the U of M and win at least COMPETETIVE numbers of Big Ten Football and Basketball games. It is up to the administration at the Unviersity of Minnesota to insure that this is done with their coaching staff hires and support levels for the programs.

It is NOT Souhan's fault, people. He is merely presenting an opinion about what is happening and what has happened. Face the facts people! ; 0 )

I fear some of you people just can't stand the truth.

Monson received more bashing from many here on GopherHole than haskins, the man who cheated for years and years and drove Gopher Basketball to the gates of hell. The 6 or 7 years it took the NCAA sanctions, penalties, loss of scholarships and the killing blow to the soul of THE BARN will most likely not be totally recovered from for the remainder of the time the Gophers will play in THE BARN. In some ways, Monson had a couple of remarkable seasons during that time. In some ways, maybe ONE OR TWO better seasons than the current coach has managed to achieve yet. Monson was MUCH hated by the boosters, fans and the media and on the blogs...especially on the blogs and message boards while for the most part, haskins the perpetrator kind of disappeared. However, it was haskins who killed the spirit in THE BARN. He set it up for the kill-shot that the NCAA handed out several years later on top of the sanctions and penalties the U of M self-imposed immediately to try to get the clock ticking on the whole NCAA scandal thing. The administration at the U of M handled this entire cheating scandal and NCAA violations mess that haskins set up very poorly. Based upon results to date, it has not been a pretty picture over at THE BARN.

But, Souhan is right on with his editorial opinion piece. All You have to do to quiet Souhan and Reusse and others is to run totally clean programs, graduate ever increasing numbers of student athletes who compete in the revenue sports at the U of M and win at least COMPETETIVE numbers of Big Ten Football and Basketball games. It is up to the administration at the Unviersity of Minnesota to insure that this is done with their coaching staff hires and support levels for the programs.

It is NOT Souhan's fault, people. He is merely presenting an opinion about what is happening and what has happened. Face the facts people! ; 0 )

i obviously don't know you from the next guy on the street, but man are you tiresome to read. i have only read a few of your posts over time and it is the same recycled drivel over and over and over again. not even saying i don't agree with small bits and pieces of it, but me thinks it is time to find a new focus. just saying. :rolleyes:

supadupfly

i obviously don't know you from the next guy on the street, but man are you tiresome to read. i have only read a few of your posts over time and it is the same recycled drivel over and over and over again. not even saying i don't agree with small bits and pieces of it, but me thinks it is time to find a new focus. just saying. :rolleyes:

Wren doesn't care that his behavior is rude and so tiresome. You should have read his deleted post were he claimed that he was just a nice guy and that he was so proud of his refined slick. Well he certainly has had a lot of practice. Nobody other than maybe Pantherhawk has been banned from more blogs than wren.

Wren, there is nothing in this column that is either remotely original or lends any kind of new perspective to the issue at hand. A talented writer like Reusse, who I may or may not disagree with but whose talent I respect, could have dictated this in his sleep.

BUT: the college coach who DOES the cheating does not take the brunt...

of the penalty for having been a cheating scoundral and scumbag. And the obnoxious fans are ok with bloody murder IF the coach who cheats wins enough. So, EVERY writer should tell that story over and over and over. Just keep pounding it. Take it to the college prexys...the college ads...the "anything goes as long as we win..." fans. POUND it home and slam the cheaters and the people who are ok with the cheaters as long as they win.

IF this crap continues, college sports should just be shut down.

Good for Souhan. Good for every person who stands up to the cheaters and says "...ENOUGH..."

It shouldn't be an entertaining thing. It depicts a REALLY ugly thing. It describes the beginning of the end for college sports. Maybe it is more like nearly the end of the end for college sports.

It depicts a REALLY ugly thing. It describes the beginning of the end for college sports. Maybe it is more like nearly the end of the end for college sports.

===Breaking News===

In 2010 there was cheating to be found in major college sports.

Top Bottom