Souhan: It's still too soon to say Gophers quarterback Tanner Morgan has turned the corner

I just don't understand how clowns like this even have employment. This guy needs an ass kicking.

I just don't understand how clowns like this even have employment. This guy needs an ass kicking.
Negativism sells clicks and rags. You have to invent something to get noticed. Substantive sports journalism went out the door a long time ago.

Negativism sells clicks and rags. You have to invent something to get noticed. Substantive sports journalism went out the door a long time ago.
On one hand I understand that and the "money drives the machine". But on the other hand it's pathetic that after a good win a high colonic like him comes out and spews this and get rewarded for it. I guess that's why I haven't paid attention to news for 20 years.

There's culture and skill, and he has neither. I'm just frustrated that ilk like this gets gainful employment.

Ahh Souhan can be over the top but I don’t think he is way off today. Morgan played a great first half. I liked what I saw for the most part but he needs to show more. Souhan’s facts may be off but his post was fair
He had Morgan's completion stat way wrong and has our record wrong and you don't think he is way off? He is a lazy joke.

It isn't black and white.

It's not a case of "Morgan is great" vs "Morgan is terrible."

As I see it, Morgan has been more inconsistent this year compared to previous seasons. the first half against Neb is the best he has looked in 2 years. But - he regressed in the 2nd half.

Certainly, I don't know how much of that has to do with play-calling and coaching - but there's no question that Morgan does not have the strongest arm. He under-threw several receivers. My response to that would be - have him throw routes he throws well. Don't ask him to throw routes he doesn't throw well. that's not rocket science.

a 10 or 12-yd pass moves the sticks. an 8-yard pass on 3rd-and-7 moves the sticks.

There is a time and place to take shots downfield. (just not with a double-reverse flea-flicker.......)

Well, it depends on what the meaning of "is" is...........

In one sense, when Fleck calls it a victory of culture vs skill, a reasonable person could interpret that as meaning that the other team had more skill. I don't think Fleck meant that the Gophers don't have skill. I get that Fleck was saying that the Gophers won because of their team concept and approach.

But, that could also be seen as a backhanded shot at Frost - in essence, saying that Neb lost because they don't have the right concept or approach to go with their skill.

And - to be fair - a lot of Gopher fans spent the week looking at the game in the prism of "Fleck vs. Frost." are you shocked that the media might pick up on that?

Well, it depends on what the meaning of "is" is...........

In one sense, when Fleck calls it a victory of culture vs skill, a reasonable person could interpret that as meaning that the other team had more skill. I don't think Fleck meant that the Gophers don't have skill. I get that Fleck was saying that the Gophers won because of their team concept and approach.

But, that could also be seen as a backhanded shot at Frost - in essence, saying that Neb lost because they don't have the right concept or approach to go with their skill.

And - to be fair - a lot of Gopher fans spent the week looking at the game in the prism of "Fleck vs. Frost." are you shocked that the media might pick up on that?
It was definitely a shot at Frost. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who freakin' cares what Soupcan or Phat Pat say about the Gophers? Remember when Soupcan made fun of Jerry Kill's epilepsy...and no one in authority at the Minneapolis Red Star (aka "Tribune") did anything to him?
This is the kicker. Two wrongs here. One was Soupcan making fun of Jerry. Secondly, the Trib had no courage to do the right thing afterwards regarding Soupcan. How can you like him?

TM2’s TD pass to MBS was about the best pass I can recall ever seeing him throw. The whole first half was awesome.

His second INT was atrocious. His 2nd half wasn’t great. Needs to be more consistent.

Souhan is fit. Very fit.

Old Story. Someone once found a souhan dating profile online and posted it here (years ago). He called himself very fit in it. Not sure if it was 100% legit, but I’m going with it.
Thanks! LOL!

TM2’s TD pass to MBS was about the best pass I can recall ever seeing him throw. The whole first half was awesome.

His second INT was atrocious. His 2nd half wasn’t great. Needs to be more consistent.

Souhan is fit. Very fit.
I think the answer to best pass has to be the 4th down to Autman-Bell against Fresno. Granted this was great as well.

Ahh Souhan can be over the top but I don’t think he is way off today. Morgan played a great first half. I liked what I saw for the most part but he needs to show more. Souhan’s facts may be off but his post was fair
Do we even know if Morgan thinks he’s a pro prospect?

Morgan needs to prove he can be relied on? He’s proven reliable for the past three and a half years. What are you talking about??? He has the best completion percentage in school history and is 22-10 as a starter. People seem to have these super high expectations for Morgan, they forget that Tanner’s past performances are the reason the expectations are so high.

If he does someone should point out the truth.
Why? It sounds like he already has a degree and he'll be set up fine in life if it doesn't work out. I'm sure he'll get at least a cup of coffee in NFL training camp.

Shorter, accurate QBs with suspect arms rarely make it in the NFL. But some do, who knows, maybe he'll get a second cup of coffee, and a third, and who knows.

Do I think it's likely? Nope. Do I think we need someone to point that out to him? Nah. I don't think it really hurts anyone if he thinks he can.

Top Bottom