Souhan: Gophers' offense should run through 'Carpool' of Smith, Brooks

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Souhan:

“Neither one of us have a scooter,” Smith said. “But we do carpool. I take him to class, he takes me to class. My car. I let him drive sometimes. I don’t like to drive all the time. I drive a Dodge Avenger. 2014.”

If they needed a nickname, that might be as good as any: Carpool.

Saturday afternoon, the Georgia natives took turns driving the Gophers offense, producing 257 yards and three touchdowns in Minnesota’s 31-10 thumping of Maryland at Maryland Stadium.

Smith rushed 18 times for 144 yards and two touchdowns, including a career-long 70-yard run that concluded with Smith and Brooks executing their “Euro-Step” celebration. He also caught one pass for 10 yards.

Brooks rushed 22 times for 86 yards and turned a screen pass into a 17-yard touchdown.

Their success was a reminder to a world of armchair tacticians who believe you can’t run the ball if the defense is stacked at the line of scrimmage. Adrian Peterson rushed for 2,097 yards against defenses committed to stopping him; Brooks and Smith ran wild against a team that had no reason to fear the pass.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...gh-rodney-smith-and-shannon-brooks/397205061/

Go Gophers!!

This is the formula. By running these two the whole team should improve. The OL will gel and it helps in play action. Please keep running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom