Soonest and latest we would know

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
Regarding the announcement of a new head coach...

The absolute soonest I can imagine the naming of a new coach would be November 15 or so. The only way this would happen is if the search process concluded on an unemployed or vastly underemployed coach (Belotti, Leach, Jagodinski, Trestman) and there was some valid concern about the competition (chiefly Colorado) snatching them up.

The absolute latest I can imagine the naming would be around December 20. This would allow for the hiring of a coach or coordinator involved in a conference championship game to negotiate an offer following the conclusion of their regular season.

I think the most likely timeframe would be around December 6-13. Even if we were to end up with a currently available coach, this timeframe would allow us to interview coaches that are currently employed.

In other words, in three to eight weeks (or more likely six to eight weeks) we'll know who the next coach is.

It should be an interesting six to eight weeks.

Yes, it will be an interesting couple months. I am mostly looking forward to building the vision of the future of Gopher football. It will be a fun off season of healing after this year's disaster. I am ready to rally behind a new coach. But I'm also looking forward to the end of seeing a gazillion threads speculating about Howard Schnellenberger, Mike Grant, and Trestman.

I don't think Tony Dungy would approve of the type of athletes Coach Schnellenberger would recruit.

I've been out of the country the last five times a Gopher coach was named. Next trip: Dec. 9-21. Please, please let it happen sooner.

I'm guessing the earliest might be November 27th, 2010 at about 3:00pm.

I was out of the country last time (in Costa Rica). It was hard to keep up with things. I'm sure no one in the hotel lobby was in a position to help me last time when I yelled out, "who the hell is Tim Brewster?"

I was out of the country last time (in Costa Rica). It was hard to keep up with things. I'm sure no one in the hotel lobby was in a position to help me last time when I yelled out, "who the hell is Tim Brewster?"

There are never any Texans around when you need them!

I think we'll know before Christmas, which sucks now that I think of it. That's almost two months away. Hopefully sooner rather than later, since it means we'll get someone we like right now rather than someone we like later on. I would feel better about the wait if we had a chance of winning any of our remaining games

Won't it depend a lot on how soon the coaching pool knows what other jobs are going to open up? Since the UofM is a middle-of-the-pack program prospective coaches will have a lot of similar options, and want to play schools off against each other in negotiations.

Go Gophers, that's quite a bad omen. We'll be in Costa Rica this time around. How do you say f&##%!$ in Spanish?

Top Bottom