Sooners lose 4-star recruit over racist video from SAE fraternity

BleedGopher

Reaction score
This incident is getting ugly in Norman.

First the original video (sensitive and disturbing lyrics in the video):

Go Gophers!!

Then an OU LB posted this:

Go Gophers!!

Then a 4-star recruit decommits. Per CBS:

Oklahoma was quick to respond after a racist video from an Oklahoma fraternity surfaced. Bob Stoops and the football team took part in a widespread campus demonstration on Monday morning, condeming the racist chants in a video from Oklahoma's SAE fraternity, and Oklahoma president David Boren immediately closed the SAE chapter on Oklahoma's campus.

But the Sooners weren't able to contain all the damage done by the video.

Jean Delance, a four-star offensive line recruit, announced on his Twitter account that he was de-committing from Oklahoma.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ecommits-from-oklahoma-following-racist-video

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Can't say I blame him. That said that sort of thing or people with that sort of mentality can be found on most college campuses.

Can't say I blame him. That said that sort of thing or people with that sort of mentality can be found on most college campuses.

I don't think "most," but it seems Madison, WI is in line to be the next Ferguson. Take note, recruits.

Unfortunately racist people are likely found in all walks of life, including college campuses. Hopefully there comes a day when that isn't the case but to think they aren't around is naive.

Great response by OU but hopefully for the school this type of mentality isn't as prevalent as the women quoted on the CNN report.

I don't think "most," but it seems Madison, WI is in line to be the next Ferguson. Take note, recruits.

Why not most? Its common in the south, common in upper crust schools, I experienced something very similar at DePaul in the middle of Chicago

OU players to hold a silent protest:

Go Gophers!!

Unfortunately racist people are likely found in all walks of life, including college campuses. Hopefully there comes a day when that isn't the case but to think they aren't around is naive. Great response by OU but hopefully for the school this type of mentality isn't as prevalent as the women quoted on the CNN report.
I also think that OU president David Boren's response was perfect.

"There will never be a genius at SAE" clap-clap
"There will never be a genius at SAE" clap-clap
"Cuz we're all inbred and our neck's are very red, there will never be a genius at SAE" clap-clap

Apparently Jean Delance is going to the Crimson Tide. this may be the first time someone went to Alabama to avoid racism.

I feel for the players but will note they did not hold the same concern for men beating the sh1t out of woman. #JoeMixon

Apparently Jean Delance is going to the Crimson Tide. this may be the first time someone went to Alabama to avoid racism.

I feel for the players but will note they did not hold the same concern for men beating the sh1t out of woman. #JoeMixon

Excellent points.

How ironic. Isn't that where SAE was founded? One wonders where that chant originated...

Maybe he read that Alabama just elected a black man as student body president.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom