Soon-to-be 8th grader gets offer from LSU

"Last week, a hopeful prospect showed up at LSU's July football camp. He posted an impressive 4.46 40-yard dash..."

Yeah...sure he did.

Mark Emmert will be proud.

This is the same thought I had. Here is a quote from Emmert from his PSU news conference:

The cautionary tale is that every major college or university needs to do a gut-check and ask where are we on the appropriate balance between culture and athletics and the broader culture of the university and make certain they got balance right and, if not, they take corrective action.

Offering a full ride college scholarship to a kid that has yet to take his first high school level class sure seems to be out of balance, IMO. Don't be surprised if/when the NCAA comes up with rules regarding how early you can offer a kid a scholarship. I'm actually surprised limits don't already exist.

"Last week, a hopeful prospect showed up at LSU's July football camp. He posted an impressive 4.46 40-yard dash..."

Yeah...sure he did.

I don't usually challenge 40 times. But, my son is 13 1/2, going into 8th grade and 6'0" 175 lbs. So, close to his size. And I know there are regular athletes and elite athletes. But this seems almost Superman like numbers for a kid that size and age.

When I saw this, it made me think about MBIII and Dommic saying their younger brother was the best athlete. I think his name is Thomas. What grade is he in?

husker70 said:
When I saw this, it made me think about MBIII and Dommic saying their younger brother was the best athlete. I think his name is Thomas. What grade is he in?

Also, we should offer Gray's twins now.

Top Bottom