Sometimes a win is a loss and other random thoughts

Sparlimb

Reaction score
There are some inexcusable things that continue to happen on game day. 7 games into the season and this team has absolutely no discipline. None, zero. Motion penalties, an inability to lineup correctly on offense, dropped punts, horrid QB play, leaky defense that can't tackle, the list goes on. In my humble opinion, a bowl game is still no certainty. I'm inclined to think we have two more chances at a victory over the next two weeks and probably have a punchers chance we'll win one of them. We won't beat anyone else the rest of the way. I actually thought Claeys was clearly the best position coach under Kill. That said, he looks completely over matched in the big chair. I can't point to one thing the team this year has done well.

While many will argue we won and we're likely bowling and first year coach and all that, I don't think it will feel quite so good when we lose our last 4 in a row. Is there any doubt why the stands are half empty? Does anyone think we're going to send any sort of fan contingent to whatever crap bowl we might qualify for? I know I'm done financially supporting the team this year. The bus line was pretty crowded when I left. And when I got to the parking lot and we actually won, people were genuinely surprised.

It was a beautiful day to sit in the sun and watch the game. And so I'm happy I went for that, but I left after the Wolitarsky fumble, because win or lose it was a loss to me. Leidner was awful as usual, special teams were a mixed bag but plenty really ugly and the defense is a freaking joke. We won because Rutgers missed an extra point. A team we were favored by 18+ on. Anyway, the day was awesome, the product on the field, not so much.

Well thought out Sparlimb. We didn't attend today, but I did watch. Pretty depressing.

There are some inexcusable things that continue to happen on game day. 7 games into the season and this team has absolutely no discipline. None, zero. Motion penalties, an inability to lineup correctly on offense, dropped punts, horrid QB play, leaky defense that can't tackle, the list goes on. In my humble opinion, a bowl game is still no certainty. I'm inclined to think we have two more chances at a victory over the next two weeks and probably have a punchers chance we'll win one of them. We won't beat anyone else the rest of the way. I actually thought Claeys was clearly the best position coach under Kill. That said, he looks completely over matched in the big chair. I can't point to one thing the team this year has done well.

While many will argue we won and we're likely bowling and first year coach and all that, I don't think it will feel quite so good when we lose our last 4 in a row. Is there any doubt why the stands are half empty? Does anyone think we're going to send any sort of fan contingent to whatever crap bowl we might qualify for? I know I'm done financially supporting the team this year. The bus line was pretty crowded when I left. And when I got to the parking lot and we actually won, people were genuinely surprised.

It was a beautiful day to sit in the sun and watch the game. And so I'm happy I went for that, but I left after the Wolitarsky fumble, because win or lose it was a loss to me. Leidner was awful as usual, special teams were a mixed bag but plenty really ugly and the defense is a freaking joke. We won because Rutgers missed an extra point. A team we were favored by 18+ on. Anyway, the day was awesome, the product on the field, not so much.

Agree 100%. Lots of gallows humor in the tailgating lot after the game. Horrid performance.

Why do folks jumping ship feel the need to tell everyone they are jumping ship? Do they want someone to talk them out of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's asinine. A win is never a loss, but sometimes losing certain people is a win.

That's asinine. A win is never a loss, but sometimes losing certain people is a win.

Yeah, we've skipped rest past the "we're really good now" to we've not only got the trolls whining, but many Gopher Fans are bitchin that we're not getting enough "style points". :rolleyes:

You are not supposed to criticize the team. You might hurt some fans feelings.

Up 21-3, the Gophers should never have let Rutgers back into the game. But Gophers do have talent, much of it young. You have to love Smith and Brooks. Mitch had a pick-six, but other than that, after a week off and a concussion, was reasonably able - the coaches call a vanilla game, anyway - compare with the wide-open stuff you see all day on TV, Saturdays. Obviously, after 10 years, we could use a top flight QB who can pass and who can scramble when necessary. If we had one of the better QBs in the conference, the whole offense would have a different pace and look. The road games look daunting and both Illinois and Purdue are capable of pulling a Rutgers, so who knows whether the Gophers win six or seven or eight this year.

I heard someone at the game say I hope they blow it so Claeys gets fired. First time as gopher fan that I have told another gopher fan to F off. You never cheer for your team to lose never. I was pissed and kind of dissapointed that the team relaxed after 21 to 3, but one thing im never doing is cheering 4 my Gopers to lose a game. A tough win is never a loss. Good week 4 the team to go on the road. Seniors on team are making to many key mistakes and need a air it out powwow. Leidner has got to stop telegraphing to Wolitarsky so much. When in doubt find your check downs, or your stick routes to your tight ends you're hot routes quicker. It is long over due 4 Mitch to play a complete 4 quarters with the kind of poise he had on the last drive. That wheel route early in the game was a 6 to Smith without the poor shot put pass.False start by 44 at home cannot happen. We have all been waiting for Mitch to kick it in the ass and bring the fire and determination to kick the opponents butt and keep handing it to them. Time is running out. Tiring of this fire coach talk. Let the coaches do their jobs and breath a little bit. This team needs to learn to keep winning caues nobody is going to roll over. Just not that kind of team that can relax and let up. There needs to be more speed and shifts and tempo for the play calls both sides of the ball. Dont let the young guys overthink. Mitch hast to improve his level of play cause the O needs to control the ball..Someone else needs to return punts.I t's time for a breakout win. Celistine and Smith are leaders ,don't care if they are young, their time to step up and show out is now.Still and Johnson need more touches.

I heard someone at the game say I hope they blow it so Claeys gets fired. First time as gopher fan that I have told another gopher fan to F off. You never cheer for your team to lose never. I was pissed and kind of dissapointed that the team relaxed after 21 to 3, but one thing im never doing is cheering 4 my Gopers to lose a game. A tough win is never a loss. Good week 4 the team to go on the road. Seniors on team are making to many key mistakes and need a air it out powwow. Leidner has got to stop telegraphing to Wolitarsky so much. When in doubt find your check downs, or your stick routesto your tight ends you hot routes quicker. It is long over due 4 Mitch to play a complete 4 quarters with the kind of poise he had on the last drive. That wheel route early in the game was a 6 to Smith without the poor shot put pass.False start by 44 at home cannot happen. We have all been waiting for him to kick itin the ass and bring the fire and determination kickthe opponents butt and keep handing it to them. Tiring of this fire coach talk. Let the coaches do their jobs and breath alittle bit. This team needs to learn to keep winning caues nobody is going to roll over. Just not that kind of team that can relax and let up. There needs to be more speed and shifts and tempo for the play calls both sides of the ball. Dont let the young guys overthink. Mitch has t oimprove his level of play.Someone else needs to return punts.I t's time for a breakout win. Celistine and Smith are leaders ,don't care if they are young, their time to step up and show out.

Last edited by gopherdudepart2; Today at 12:35 AM.

Holy ****. This is the edited version?

Top Bottom