Something to watch against DePaul

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
In its first two games, DePaul has converted at least 10 3-pointers. This, obviously, will play a huge factor this afternoon as Minnesota has struggled to shut down the opposition from deep. I think the Demons will control the game and win, but I think the Gophers will go 2-1 in the tournament and leave relatively happy. This just isn't a matchup I like. Boy, I hope I eat my words tonight as I hope Minnesota wins...I just don't think it will.

The Trilight Zone: Over the first two games of the season DePaul has totaled 22 three-pointers on 51 attempts from behind the arc. The back-to-back games with at least 10 three’s marked the first time of that occurrence since the 2007-08 season.

Look who Depaul played. Not exactly in your face defense.

That's a good point. This will be the first test for both teams. Regardless, DePaul can shoot from deep and the Gophers can't guard the perimeter for some reason. The Gophers will keep this game close though. It's certainly won't be a blowout. I'm excited!!! I may be the only one in my family not watching football today.

The Gophers should win

DePaul was picked dead last in the Big East. The Gophs should definitely win this. If not, I wouldn't count on winning the next two.

The outside shooting is fool's gold for DePaul. Jeremiah Kelly hitting 50%; that is going to be very hard for him to keep it up. Moses Morgan started off last year missing like his first 26 three pointers. DePaul will chuck up threes, but I doubt Purnell is really pleased that it is so much a part of his offense, considering his players.

Yuck. No defense early. No answer for Faber.

Why? This is tough to watch. All the national announces seem so shocked with Tubbys strange rotation. To us, its just the way it is...

How much patience will Gopher fans have with this man? This is beyond pathetic. 0-3 at this tournament and the U should consider firing Smith.

Why are we so bad????? These guys aren't even boxing out and can't get an entry pass in?

Well, they are only down 10 ... could be a lot worse. Yikes.

It's obvious Nadine is controlling the Gopherhole twitter account.

What an f'ing joke. I have no words to explain what I just watched in that first half. The Gophers better not lose this game. This reminds me of the last Monson year where I watched the Gophers lose to Marist on Thanksgiving.

It's obvious Nadine is controlling the Gopherhole twitter account.

No Kidding. This joker picked Gophers to lose and comes here with all this fuss. If you expected them to lose, why are you watching the game. You are not a fan your a destructive poster.

Go Gophers

Top Bottom