some of you need to chillax about last night's exhibition game. reason being....

supadupafly

Reaction score
it was an exhibition game. first real action of the season for a lot of these guys. just because we won by 13pts and not 20 or 30pts does not mean anything to me. at this point in the season many coaches are still tweaking their lineups, working on different scenarios, etc. i don't believe it is an accurate barometer at all of how this team will play this season.

take these previous exhibition scores into consideration as well. as with the U, i don't believe they are or were reflective of how these other programs seasons will play out or did play out.

2009: syracuse: 79, lemoyne (DII school): 82

2011: arizona: 68, seattle-pacific (DII school): 69

2011: arizona: 60, humboldt state (DII school): 51

2011: st. john's: 77, st. mary's (md.) (DIII school): 70

and take this andy katz (espn) tweet into consideration. personally, i think he knows just a "little bit" more about college basketball than most of us who post here. including myself. katz is exactly right in what he tweeted and has the proper perspective.

http://twitter.com/#!/ESPNAndyKatz/status/129920887498604544

"Syracuse lost to LeMoyne and it was national news. Arizona loses to Seattle Pacific. Not a ripple. But both don't mean much. It's still Oct."

so take a deep one and frankie says chillax. and yeah, i just used the term chillax. :p

So Bemidji State has already played 10 games and is in mid-season form?

Last I checked it was their first game too.....

So Bemidji State has already played 10 games and is in mid-season form?

Last I checked it was their first game too.....
Nowhere did he say it wasn't? Yes its was Bemidji's first game too but it was a game that they were hyped about. They wanted to go out there and prove they could play with the big boys, while we likely approached it as a practice.

Nowhere did he say it wasn't? Yes its was Bemidji's first game too but it was a game that they were hyped about. They wanted to go out there and prove they could play with the big boys, while we likely approached it as a practice.

LOL! Keep telling yourself that. I love the excusess :clap:

You're telling me that D-I basketball players (many of which were playing their first game in a Gopher uniform and have a lot to prove) weren't hyped to get on the court and play in front of 10,000 fans?

Yeah, they just wanted to go through the motions, roll their eyes at Bemidji State, and get back to study hall.....yeah that's it :cool02:

2009: syracuse: 79, lemoyne (DII school): 82

Syracuse made the Final Four that year...

This board is getting to the point where I can hardly read it any more. It seems like more than half of the "Gopher" fans can't wait to find something to rip Tubby or the team for. You rarely read anything positive on here any more. I'd rather focus on Mbakwe possibly being the best big man in the conference, Sampson finally looking like a stud, or Andre Hollins potentially being a stud PG for the next 4 years.

This board is getting to the point where I can hardly read it any more. It seems like more than half of the "Gopher" fans can't wait to find something to rip Tubby or the team for. You rarely read anything positive on here any more. I'd rather focus on Mbakwe possibly being the best big man in the conference, Sampson finally looking like a stud, or Andre Hollins potentially being a stud PG for the next 4 years.

I'm with you.

Northern State beat Butler tonight ... Doesn't mean anything

I have 1 rule when browsing GopherHole or any other message board

Immediately eliminate/ignore the lunatic fringe (I confess sometimes it's difficult). Pay no attention to the whining cynics whose only intention is to agitate by being constantly critical of the Gophers/Tubby, and by the same token pay no atttention to those with maroon and gold blinders who are offended by even the slightest constructive criticism of any Gopher player or coach.

The former are just trying to get your goat, the latter are just out-and-out homers. The truth is always somewhere in between.

I agree. Bottom line, negative takes, opinions, people always are more vocal than positive takes, opinions or people. Its just how it is.. Bottom line, the 2011-2012 team has a lot of work to do, but the season has not even started. The exhibition games are used to expiriment with rotations and combos. Get back to me in mid December.. if we are still struggling I will be concerned.

You're telling me that D-I basketball players (many of which were playing their first game in a Gopher uniform and have a lot to prove) weren't hyped to get on the court and play in front of 10,000 fans?

Yes, you are right. They'll be ready for Bucknell.

(You do need to work on your verb tenses, though. For a second, I thought you might have been talking about the Ber-midgi game, but, of course, there were only about 5,000 folks at that game.)

Carry on.

Yeah, they just wanted to go through the motions, roll their eyes at Bemidji State, and get back to study hall.....yeah that's it :cool02:

Debbie Downer is back.

Go Gophers

At least the Gophers will be right there with Duke this season. They beat a D2 by 14, we only beat Bemidji by 13. Will be nice to see Duke and Minnesota struggle this year.

Top Bottom