some names I expected to hear but didn't

i'm batman

Reaction score
wasn't at the scrimmage, didn't see any on TV. so all i have is what i have read here and other sites.

but there were some names that i thought i would have heard and didn't:

Kerry Lewis
Kim Royston
Kenny Watkins
Shady Salamon
Vic Keise
Matt Garin
D.J. Burris
Ced McKinley

did anybody see anything interesting out of these guys? i was hoping that Kim would have made some noise, same with Watkins and Keise.

wasn't at the scrimmage, didn't see any on TV. so all i have is what i have read here and other sites.

but there were some names that i thought i would have heard and didn't:

Kerry Lewis
Kim Royston
Kenny Watkins
Shady Salamon
Vic Keise
Matt Garin
D.J. Burris
Ced McKinley

did anybody see anything interesting out of these guys? i was hoping that Kim would have made some noise, same with Watkins and Keise.

Royston played on the first team D nearly the whole way. McKinley was in a lot, nothing notable.

Watkins

Watkins got burned on a corner route on Deckes 2nd touchdown. May have been a missed assignment, but you always need to pay attention to where #7 is. Didn't look good on that play.

Garin didn't play much, but looks really quick from the pregame warmups/one on one pass blocking drills, After seeing this, I say RS him get him to 250 and he'll be a 4 year starter

What about Pittman?

Pittman onlyhad one pass thrown to him and dropped it. Promptly got his ass chewed by Brew. Maresh played some and looked good at times, out of place/blocked out on others. He'll be just fine. Pittman....not so sure.

Did Maresh play?

I didn't notice him when I was at the scrimmage, but I saw him make a couple of plays on the second team when I watched the BTN reply - one behind the line of scrimmage. I think it was on the drive where Weber was picked in the endzone.

Burris was playing 2nd team center. Maresh got run over by Hoese.

Did Maresh play?

Yep. He got hit pretty hard by Hoese on the 4th down conversion. Took him a bit to get back up. Next play he had an assist on a 5 yard TE seam. Sam will be just fine.

Maresh I think was out there

When in the fourth quarter the first team ran pitch sweep right to perfection. Wills collapse the line, Davis cut off Maresh, Careful got around the corner and downfield to safety, and Tow Arnett sealed the defensive end. I think Eskridge score from about 15 yards out. I would love to see this be the base play. If the run it with the fullback, and can pull Bunders around the corner you have the Green Bay Sweep.

That being said, I dislike any running play that goes wide on the goal line. Find a trap, an off tackle, or iso that goes north and south.

That being said, I dislike any running play that goes wide on the goal line. Find a trap, an off tackle, or iso that goes north and south.

It is a good idea to have a play that hits the outside when defenses pinch. More importantly if the defense follow the DT's should make a pile mentality. Pulling a guard in that case is ideal, as the DT already took himself out of the play.

I though in general like straight iso. I'm coming at you and I'm bigger, faster, and stronger then you :). Though I don't mind a quick counter step and man block to the weakside and have the full back pick up the back side DE.

Top Bottom