Some guy on ESPN radio just said

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
There is going to be a big push from some schools that all seniors should get an extra year due to not having a chance to play for it all.

It's an interesting thought.

What do you think? Of course, if you are a senior dominated team, you love this.

There is going to be a big push from some schools that all seniors should get an extra year due to not having a chance to play for it all.

What do you think? Of course, if you are a senior dominated team, you love this.
They will have to up scholarship limits and can you grad transfer to a great program ?

The one i heard was talking about giving all the spring sports athletes another season as those are just getting going so they are essentially losing out on their entire senior season. They touched on basketball and said that one would be a much harder sell.

Classy, yes!

Helpful on the court?.......not in the least!
Michael has done nothing but represent the university well. From all accounts he seems like a great kid and teammate. We should all thank him for his contributions. May not have been as much in-game as we hoped/expected, but can’t discount other contributions to the team via practice, how to hold oneself to a standard, showed pride in what’s on the FRONT of the jersey. That’s what this is about.
Shame on you.

Geno at UConn is calling for seniors to get another year of eligibility.

Na. How would they possibly handle that? Only the kids who are on tourney teams? Northwestern's seniors are done. Why would they need another year?

Unfortunately life isn't always fair. My senior year of college we played half our baseball schedule due to a crappy, late spring. That's how it goes.

It sucks.

Life moves on. Seniors need to graduate and get a job. Another year of basketball isn't going to change things for them.

Would all these guys feel better if they were given a participant ribbon?

Michael has done nothing but represent the university well. From all accounts he seems like a great kid and teammate. We should all thank him for his contributions. May not have been as much in-game as we hoped/expected, but can’t discount other contributions to the team via practice, how to hold oneself to a standard, showed pride in what’s on the FRONT of the jersey. That’s what this is about.
Shame on you.

a relative?

I thought i heard seniors in SPRING sports they were going to pursue....didnt hear anything on the winter sports. will be interesting to follow

I could agree with the spring sport athletes, since they had basically no season. But the ESPN guys were making these comments as part of the March Madness conversation. Just another example of overreacting to everything.

No, sh$t happens, that is life, deal with it.

Plus spring sports are, mostly, not big revenue sports. Baseball is a little bit for SW/Texas/SE schools, and maybe a bit for lacrosse, but that's about it.

Not giving any huge, unfair advantage, in sports where it really matters.

Na. How would they possibly handle that? Only the kids who are on tourney teams? Northwestern's seniors are done. Why would they need another year?

Unfortunately life isn't always fair. My senior year of college we played half our baseball schedule due to a crappy, late spring. That's how it goes.

It sucks.
Yeah exactly! so central connecticut state at 2-30 gets to have seniors come back? They didnt get a chance to win national championship either. Some of these teams don't even know if they would have gotten in. I say tough luck and move on. Some people go 4 years without making tourney. Time to move on from college and get a job! lol

What, how can that be for student athletes are most interested in school, graduating with a degree.
Giving them an extra year just to play sports would expose the above sentence as false and the NCAA wants no part of that.

The one i heard was talking about giving all the spring sports athletes another season as those are just getting going so they are essentially losing out on their entire senior season. They touched on basketball and said that one would be a much harder sell.
I'd be on board with that as long as the roster exemptions could be managed without everything having to be individually approved by the NCAA.

Shame on you.

He failed to get his brother here...That was his ONE job, lol.

What, how can that be for student athletes are most interested in school, graduating with a degree.
Giving them an extra year just to play sports would expose the above sentence as false and the NCAA wants no part of that.
Is it any different than students with eligibility left that graduate and continue to play as grad students?? And some grad transfer?

It sucks.

A basic philosophy that has served me well and which I passed on to my high school students whenever they got whiney is: "Life sucks and then we die. So let's get on with the job at hand and do the best we can." Young people can get their heads around that just fine. Seperates the winners from the losers.

Pitino said Michael was the classiest kid he ever coached. Maybe there is something you learn there.
We could as
Pitino said Michael was the classiest kid he ever coached. Maybe there is something you learn there.
Maybe that’s Pitino’s goal - filling up a roster with 12 of the classiest kids he can find.

We could as

Maybe that’s Pitino’s goal - filling up a roster with 12 of the classiest kids he can find.

Quit while you are behind so you can at least get your foot out of your big mouth on this one.

Top Bottom