"So You're Saying There's a Chance?"

Anderson8284

Reaction score
There seems to be an informal consensus that our beloved Rodents will lose in Champaign-land. Probably only because we always seem to. But what about it? Could we steal one there? When we ended the Illini streak against us this year, the key seemd to be our defense, esp. at least imho the bigs. Iversen, Sampson, ane Carter all have now had the equivalent of a full season in the B10. Can they come up *BIG* on Thursday? Is anyone besides me "saying there's a chance?"

Beat ILLANOY!

We had a pretty good time against them go 1. crossing the fingers.

Yeah, there's a chance. Matchups and confidence are really important. Based on how we handled them at home, defending them so well, it's a real possibility.

Can they come up *BIG* on Thursday? Is anyone besides me "saying there's a chance?"

Absolutely. The good Gophers show and up and steal one at Illinois.

Not going to get my hopes up. But if you can win in Madison, anything is possible.

It looks like Illinois' offense rebounded nicely in the win against tOSU yesterday, but let's hope our defense can re-produce the 33 point blunder against PSU last week.

Their offense rebounded yesterday point-wise, but I think SOME (not all) of that had to do with Matta sticking to his zone. Matta never changes that thing up and in my opinion, Illinois got into a nice rhythm because OSU didn't change.... (they played 2 or 3 possessions of straight man the entire game) Also, check the highlights from that game and watch Chester Frazier hitting two prayers down the stretch from beyond the arc as the shot clock was expiring each time. I'm glad he used those up against OSU and didn't save them for us.

Forget it. Assembly hall is the most imposing place to play in the Big Ten. Yup, more than West Lafayette and considerably tougher than East Lansing.

Our ONLY shot on Thursday night is if we shoot 60-70% from downtown. Illinois will be more confident at home and less apt to turn the ball over. We won't be on the fast break Thursday night and we'll need a supreme performance from our half-court offense.

Historically..........

We have a worse record against Illinois, than any other conference team, not to mention the 20 game streak that just ended a month ago.

Still.......Penn St. beat them there, and you'll never convince me we aren't as good as they are on a given night.

It has been 31 years since we had a legit win in Champaign. 31 YEARS! We beat them in 1996, which was wiped away. But, even with that counted, we haven't won there in 12 years and hadn't won before that game there in 18 years. Illinois' Assembly Hall is a Hall of Horrors for us.

Penn State certainly likes Assembly Hall

They've won 3 staight there.

If Illinois can't break 50 anything is possible.

Not going to get my hopes up. But if you can win in Madison, anything is possible.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBBBBLLLLEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2590779946_1abddbde40.jpg

Their offense rebounded yesterday point-wise, but I think SOME (not all) of that had to do with Matta sticking to his zone. Matta never changes that thing up and in my opinion, Illinois got into a nice rhythm because OSU didn't change.... (they played 2 or 3 possessions of straight man the entire game) Also, check the highlights from that game and watch Chester Frazier hitting two prayers down the stretch from beyond the arc as the shot clock was expiring each time. I'm glad he used those up against OSU and didn't save them for us.

Did'nt you hear the commentator yesterday say that Ohio State was in MAN to MAN defense more than usual.

We should be heavy underdogs in Champaign. Let's not get too worked up if we get spanked. As long as we beat Wisconsin and Michigan at home, we'll be in good shape for both conference tourney seeding and our NCAA hopes.

Top Bottom