So ends a promising season!

This is ultimately one of the most frustrating things about being a Gopher fan. It seems like most people give up at the first sign of a struggle. We lost a game. It happens. We are not UNC or Duke. To expect that we lose only one or two games to the elite teams is ridiculous. We pick ourselves up and go from here.

We are young and two years removed from 9 wins. We don't need to expect the Final Four this year. Enjoy the ride and the improvement. With Tubby I am confident that we will be one of the three best, year in and year out, in the Big Ten in the next two or three years. Give it time and don't expect miracles. The fact that we are where we are right now is great and it will be a great ride the rest of the season.

I for one am jealous that I can't be there in the states to witness things this year. Be grateful for what you have. I'll be back next year with a smile and a voice to cheer on my team.

speaking of Al Nolen, he has struggled the last few games...I wonder why? just a slump? school issues? family/girl problems? hurt/sick? kinda makes you wonder if something happened...

Give Nolen a couple of "bad" games and you'd rather look everywhere except the most obvious place for an answer. What makes you think it's anything outside the team environment?

Maybe it's Tubby and his substitution pattern. Maybe the trainer taped his foot the wrong way. Could be the black knee brace. Maybe the purple locker rooms aren't his taste in decor. The temperature has been below zero, maybe that's the reason.

Same applies to Hoffarber's "slump." Is he having school issues? family/girl problems? hurt/sick? kinda makes you wonder if something happened... What about Iverson... What about Busch...

Of course, I gave my theory after the Wisconsin game (and many games prior in a less outspoken manner). Just remember, left untreated, "cancer" spreads and ultimately kills off the host.

clearly Lawrence Westbrook has created Al's problems.

What do you have against the kid? And why the hatred all of a sudden. It isn't like he joined the team last week.

speaking of Al Nolen, he has struggled the last few games...I wonder why? just a slump? school issues? family/girl problems? hurt/sick? kinda makes you wonder if something happened...

I'm guessing its because he's human and is just going through a slump right now. It's too bad he's not as good as guys like Joe Mauer who gets 3 hits every game and is never, ever in a slump. :rolleyes:

I thought I heard something about him banging his knee bad and wearing a brace because of it. Maybe he's still recovering from that. Or maybe its just that he's a Sophmore point guard and a lot is expected of him and he is feeling some burden because of it. Yeah he had a bad game against NW, but so did everyone. We had 19 turnovers in that game. The team didn't come mentally prepared for the game and it showed.

We will rebound, and I am predicting a win against Purdue because of that game. If we had won against NW, I wouldn't be so sure about our chances versus Purdue, even at home. Tubby's teams have a penchant for bouncing back.

Sorry, I get to throw my two cents in - If my opinion is as good as anyone else's I think it could be that Al is just getting caught up in the hype about him and maybe believing it a bit much. Al's gotten a HUGE amount of press over the last weeks and expectations are high. Two bad games makes a trend.

Seems like the whole team started to believe their hype. Northwestern hopefully took care of that.

Purdue L X
@ Indiana W i guess
Illinois L
@ MSU L
@ OSU L
Ind W
@ Penn State L
@ Michigan L
NU W i hope
@ Illinois L
Wisc L
Mich W

This team is cooked. Indiana has to be feeling good about their chances on Sunday for a first B10 win.

Seriously, are you this big of a douchebag?

You just come on here and post your crap after we lose a game?

What a joke. At least we'll have you to point and laugh at after these posts are proven wrong.

What part of my post was wrong? Tell me honestly you feel comfortable that we can beat any B10 team right now.

What part of my post was wrong? Tell me honestly you feel comfortable that we can beat any B10 team right now.

Let's see...

Maybe because we already beat OSU, Wiscy, PSU and Iowa. Two of those have a great shot to be tourney teams.

Maybe because two of our three losses have come against likely Sweet 16 teams.

Dude, give the "whoa is us" crap a rest. You look like an idiot.

Thats good advice coming from someone with 15 posts. This team played nobody in the non-conference other than Louisville and beat 4 average B10 teams. Im sorry some of you like going to the NIT every year but some of us have higher expectations and are sick of being in the bottom half of the B10.

Bro, I've been on Gopher Hole since 1996 when I went to school there. When the site switched over, my post count started over.

Anyway, I have forgotten more Gopher hoops than your "I only show my face after losses a**" will ever know.

I guarantee the Gophs will make the tourney and they will win more than 22 games. I will be here to show my face if that doesn't happen. Will you be if it does? Somehow I'm guessing not.

Thats good advice coming from someone with 15 posts. This team played nobody in the non-conference other than Louisville and beat 4 average B10 teams. Im sorry some of you like going to the NIT every year but some of us have higher expectations and are sick of being in the bottom half of the B10.

This lame has nothing better to do than bash the Gophers, Its sad that your life is that pathetic that you have to go on other teams boards and hate, get a life loser.

I think we are going to be just fine. We are not going to win the Big Ten this year, but NCAA's are very attainable. Let's not forget, we only have 3 losses so far. Even with a weak schedule, I imagined much worse. At the same time, we can't afford three loses in a row.

Top Bottom