So, Did Jerry Kill just miss his only chance to coach in the Orange Bowl?

wait!what?

Reaction score
NIU ranked number 15 in the country and plays in the Orange Bowl. Lots of moving parts here but did Jerry Kill leave behind his last real chance at having a top 20 team and an Orange Bowl appearance? Who here is confident that JK can bring NIU success to the U?

NIU ranked number 15 in the country and plays in the Orange Bowl. Lots of moving parts here but did Jerry Kill leave behind his last real chance at having a top 20 team and an Orange Bowl appearance? Who here is confident that JK can bring NIU success to the U?

First off NIU getting to the Orange bowl was a joke as that was not a #15 team. That was a team that LOST to Iowa, which tells you all you really need to know about just how great they were this year.

Your question is a little loaded as the likelyhood of the Gophers ever playing in the Orange Bowl is pretty slim, BCS bowl might have been a better way to phrase it. My crystal ball is cloudy on the future of Gopher football but I don't see a lot of BCS bowls in their future under Jerry Kill but only time will tell.

I think we can make it to a BCS bowl several years down the road with Kill. He's talked several times about winning Big Ten championships; it doesn't seem like his sights are set on 9-4.

Jerry Kill has the propensity to lose the big game. Lost in the MAC title game. Lost in first round of NCAA playoffs as #1 seed in 2004. Lost in NCAA playoffs other years. Hasn't won a bowl game.

I don't doubt Kill has ability to get us to the B1G title game, but can he win it?

I think the coaching team of JK,Lime and Claeys can get the team to a Jan 1 bowl game, but JKs health is key. JK hints to quitting due to health then it'll be easier for the other coaches to scatter.

Coach Kill was actually at the game in the box with Coach Doeren, the university president and the Governor.

Stupid question. So much changes that its an impossible question to ask.
I hope Kill is thinking Roses, not oranges. And besides, the only reason they were there is because of the auto qualifier rule. There is no way in hell that it is going to be working like that come playoff time for a BIG team to end up in the orange bowl.

I think the coaching team of JK,Lime and Claeys can get the team to a Jan 1 bowl game, but JKs health is key. JK hints to quitting due to health then it'll be easier for the other coaches to scatter.

I agree, but there is a big difference between the Orange Bowl and a Jan. 1 game.

NIU was more like the 30th best team in the country. I believe we can become one of the top 30 teams under Kill.

Top Bottom