Snow fences are down . . .

jthiegs

Reaction score
. . . as of this morning, and the site is open for people to come in and take a closer look! :) (Still restricted access for inside the stadium itself, obviously, but the plaza and colonnade are open and accessible.) You can go right up to the gates. -Joe

P.S. I had my last visit inside a little less than two weeks ago, and I will echo everything GopherLady and others have said--it is fantastic! The view from the press box is impressive, and I can't wait to hear what the national media have to say about our new home this fall. I love everything about it.

sooooooo looking forward to it. Someone on a different site was asking me if it was complete. I said that it would be complete for the Aug 22 date or perhaps when the snowfence came down. I then checked the webcam and it was down. By the way, are they going to make some sort of announcement or have some sort of a 'ribbon cutting' event to declare its completion, and if so, when?

I realize there is currently more brickwork to be done near the field but outside of that, what is left?

I realize there is currently more brickwork to be done near the field but outside of that, what is left?

The things I noted as still needing to be done (just from looking around) was about 30 feet of brick work around the outside of the field (near the home team tunnel), the addition of cushions to some of the colored/seatback seats on the home side, signage for doors along the visitors locker room and that corridor, and couple of odds and ends like chairs needing to be added to rooms.

Essentially, the facility could hold a game tomorrow if it needed to, according to the U.

The things I noted as still needing to be done (just from looking around) was about 30 feet of brick work around the outside of the field (near the home team tunnel), the addition of cushions to some of the colored/seatback seats on the home side, signage for doors along the visitors locker room and that corridor, and couple of odds and ends like chairs needing to be added to rooms.

Essentially, the facility could hold a game tomorrow if it needed to, according to the U.

just to clarify. where were you able to "walk around" exactly without anyone getting on your case? i was thinking about stopping by on my way home from work early this afternoon.

I think they are getting down to the list (there is an industry term for it, but I forgot) of all the little things that need changing.

For example in the band area they installed the wrong locker doors in the instrument storage area and need to install shelves in the lockers. They already had to change the doors so they would open all the way and not just 90 degrees. Stuff like that.

It will probably take most of the football season to get all the details finished up. I'm sure after the first few games there will be lots of issues that pop up that will need fixed - normal for projects of that size.

what in the hell is a snow fence?;)

snow%20fence.jpg

There are a lot of different variations, but this is the style that is (was?) up around the plaza. My brother was in town from SD, and we drove by on our way through so I could show off the new building. The fence was up at that time at least (Sunday around 2 pm), but there were plenty of people who ignored it and got up close. I don't know if the cops would hassle you if they caught you up close, though. They probably wouldn't anymore, if the fence is down.

just to clarify. where were you able to "walk around" exactly without anyone getting on your case? i was thinking about stopping by on my way home from work early this afternoon.

You can walk around the outside of the entire facility without getting bothered. As long as you don't try and go in any gates or doors you're fine.

You can walk up to the black exit gates on the open end and get a pretty nice view of the inside of the stadium.

I think they are getting down to the list (there is an industry term for it, but I forgot) of all the little things that need changing.

"punch list"

For example in the band area they installed the wrong locker doors in the instrument storage area and need to install shelves in the lockers. They already had to change the doors so they would open all the way and not just 90 degrees. Stuff like that.

The fixes in the band area are complete. We have a subcontractor installing AV equipment, otherwise our space is done.

For the most part workers are completing minor finishing details. Some areas have already received their final post-construction cleaning by the contractors.

They still have to add the retired numbers/legends/national champions to the maroon ring between the first and second levels. They better pick the right font.

They still have to add the retired numbers/legends/national champions to the maroon ring between the first and second levels. They better pick the right font.

Can you really pick a bad font to read "National Champions"??

I heard wisky decided on a bad-ass "national champions" font about 96 years ago..... Naturally, nobody has ever seen it.

Are they doing this for sure? I think they should, but I haven't heard any official word yet.

Is that going up between the 2 levels of the closed end?

When I heard the snow fence was down I bolted down there and indeed you can get up close and touch it now. Beautiful. The colonade arounnd the stadium is phenomenal. Landscaping is top notch. Looking up the stairs through the huge arches sent chills down the spine. The plaza is really nicely done as well.
It was just neat to finally get up close and touch the final product.

I went by tonight, and you can't grasp how large the scoreboard really is until you are standing right under it. It is unbelievable.

I just took a walk by the stadium

Absolutely fantastic!! I walked around the whole thing. The plaza is deceiving. From the road there looks like there is not a lot of room but it is actually quite spacious. The door to the Hall of Fame was open. It is completely empty but it is going to be quite large. I am glad that they did not rush this and they are going to take their time.
On the press box side it has the lettering The University of Minnesota as well as TCF Bank Stadium. I still want to see the National Championships listed somewhere for all to see. September 12th cannot come soon enough.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom