Smiley Jeff Horton

Doc1001

Reaction score
Just watched the Gopher Football Report with Jeff Horton. There he is all smiley faced and happy after losing 52-10. sheeesh . I remember Wacker always doing that. I would be in no smiley happy mood after a game such as that. I want some fire and intensity. Ok. I take the games too seriously. So sue me.

Just watched the Gopher Football Report with Jeff Horton. There he is all smiley faced and happy after losing 52-10. sheeesh . I remember Wacker always doing that. I would be in no smiley happy mood after a game such as that. I want some fire and intensity. Ok. I take the games too seriously. So sue me.

That was a better score than I expected, I have no problems with Horton smiling.

He does give the impression the whole thing is a lark. I wish he'd use the bye week to put some new wrinkles in the offense, get Gray in there somewhere and rev the boys up for a big effort against Iowa. Somehow, I don't think that will happen...

I think at this point the kids have been kicked around as much as they can be. I don't think lighting into them is going to accomplish anything.

I'm impressed

I thought Horton has done a nice job in a tough situation. He's not blaming anyone, tries to do his best to fire up the troops and seems to be on top of disciplinary action. Some may not like his play calling, or the players that are used, but it's got to be tough just to get through this season.
That and an extra 50k. :D

Horton's job is to get a leaky boat back to the dock without sinking. If the team doesn't melt down, that's enough for an interim coach.

Horton's job is to get a leaky boat back to the dock without sinking. If the team doesn't melt down, that's enough for an interim coach.

THIS...

Could you imagine the atmosphere surrounding the program if Brew were still coaching right now with the losses?

Top Bottom