slow loading pages

1gophergnu

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with this site being very slow lately? I don't think it's my computer because fbt, espn, si.com, etc all seem to load much faster than this site.

Is anyone else having trouble with this site being very slow lately? I don't think it's my computer because fbt, espn, si.com, etc all seem to load much faster than this site.
Which browser do you use? If it's IE then that's probably your problem (especially if it's an older version of IE).

gh loads very quickly for me. no issues. I used to have loading issues when I had IE on a # of different sites, but switched to firefox and now i'm all good.

I use firefox also. When things are slow, I reboot and all is good.

GH has been slower ever since the redesign. I use Firefox (latest version) with a fairly high end computer and high speed connection. It's all the ads that need to load and the background color (maroon) covers up all the text until everything loads. I think with the old site, the text would display even while all the ads and other stuff were loading - not so with the new design.

the background color (maroon) covers up all the text until everything loads.

Thank you! This is incredibly annoying. Hopefully the imminent re-design will get rid of this. Please.

Use the FlashBlock add-on (Firefox) to get rid of the video at the top. This speeds up lots of sites at the small price of having to click twice to watch a video you actually want to see.

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. I downloaded Firefox and this is much much better.

Top Bottom