Since 2002 worst Ken-Pom rated def tm 2 win title, #21 UNC in 2009 - UMn this yr? #13

KillmeNow

Banned
Reaction score
And Purdue is #15 and Wisconsin is #16.

Minnesota's offensive rating is not so good though. Purdue's is.

Not sure how much it means, but it's better than not being in the Top 20 defensively. Might bode well for winning a few games in the tourney.

SS, anyone else? Any other input like this?

To be fair, that North Carolina was good enough that they didn't need much better defense.

I don't remember the stat of the top of my head, but I thought that all, or all but one of the champions in the past 15 years have a defense AND offense rated in the top 25 in KenPom

I don't remember the stat of the top of my head, but I thought that all, or all but one of the champions in the past 15 years have a defense AND offense rated in the top 25 in KenPom

Any information regarding Final Four teams maybe? Might be a little more forgiving? Or Elite 8 or Sweet 16 teams? Or maybe nobody cares enough about teams only getting to those levels to have done the research?

Any information regarding Final Four teams maybe? Might be a little more forgiving? Or Elite 8 or Sweet 16 teams? Or maybe nobody cares enough about teams only getting to those levels to have done the research?

Are these the KenPom rankings going into the tournament, or their final ratings after a team won their last six to win a title?

Could you pick out the tournament champion if you had 25 guesses each year?

Could you pick out the tournament champion if you had 25 guesses each year?

The article I linked went one step beyond that if you read it, and narrowed the field to 3 using KenPom... the champion was in that field of 3

So this year it's Gonzaga and WV?

Am I doing this right?

So this year it's Gonzaga and WV?

Am I doing this right?

I don't see where he lists the pythag numbers? But as of right now there are 3 teams in the top 13 in Adjusted O and top 19 in Adjusted D

Gonzaga
Villanova
Kentucky

Trivia

In the last 15 years, who has won the most Mens NCAA Basketball Championships?
Duke
Syracuse
Kentucky
North Carolina
Connecticut
Louisville
Florida
Kansas

note no Big Ten teams
also the same school is the winning answer if we go to the last 20 years...personally they would not have been my guess...interesting

In the last 15 years, who has won the most Mens NCAA Basketball Championships?
Duke
Syracuse
Kentucky
North Carolina
Connecticut
Louisville
Florida
Kansas

note no Big Ten teams
also the same school is the winning answer if we go to the last 20 years...personally they would not have been my guess...interesting

I've got to believe that it's either UConn or Florida. UConn tends to show up for a championship here or there then disappear (Okafor and walkers teams come to mind but I don't remember). The Florida did they win 3 straight or was it only 2? but that was the Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Corey Brewer team that won them all of those. I'll pick Florida without looking but I might be wrong.

I've got to believe that it's either UConn or Florida. UConn tends to show up for a championship here or there then disappear (Okafor and walkers teams come to mind but I don't remember). The Florida did they win 3 straight or was it only 2? but that was the Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Corey Brewer team that won them all of those. I'll pick Florida without looking but I might be wrong.

Duke?
Or are you cutting it off at exactly 15 years?
What if we say since 2000 instead?

It sounds like you are lowering your expectations and accepting mediocrity!
(kidding... and I am curious as well)

It sounds like you are lowering your expectations and accepting mediocrity!
(kidding... and I am curious as well)

Well, I fully expect the Gophers to win a Natl Title in men's bb NEXT year, but this year I'm willing to accept the mediocre result of only getting to the Final Four or Elite 8. :)

I'm pretty sure you have to go back quite a ways to find a champion who wasn't rated in the top 25 in both offense and defense.

Top Bottom