Sid: U evaluates campers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

U evaluates campers

Gophers football coach Jerry Kill and his staff do a good job running football camps and for that reason, the number of players attending his camps has increased every year since he took the job.

Kill was asked if he is able to recruit a number of starters after they attend the camp.

“Oh yeah, we will,” he said. “Just like coming in this year, [Owatonna freshman defensive end] Andrew Stelter, who I think is going to be a great football player, came to camp and just did a great job. [Junior] Eric Murray, a young man from Wisconsin, was a receiver coming out of high school and we worked him out at defensive back. Over the next two years, I think he’ll be an All-Big Ten guy and play in the NFL.

“So there’s no question those camps, you get that live evaluation. If you don’t do a good job evaluating camp and you can’t figure them out when you have a live evaluation, then you’re in trouble and not very good at what you do.”

Meanwhile, Phil Steele’s College Football Preview is out and he has no Gophers on his preseason All-Big Ten first team, but guard Zac Epping is on the second team and running back David Cobb and tight end Maxx Williams are on the third team. On defensive, Steele doesn’t place any Gophers on the first team but he does select defensive lineman Theiren Cockran on the second team. His only selection from Minnesota on the All-Preseason special team is returner Marcus Jones on the third team.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/262812411.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

I grew up camping in a TradeWinds camper.

Who writes this crap for Sid? At least get him a decent intern and stop letting the janitor do it!

CC-149-040-800.jpg

Top Bottom