Sid Hartman: Kill a great coach, but a remarkable man

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

In a one-on-one conversation we had for an hour Wednesday, Kill made it clear he didn’t want to ever steal from the university by not being able to perform the duties for which he was being paid.

“I’ve had things happen over the last couple of days, I’ve had some seizures and my wife … it’s been tough,” he said. “I’ve been coaching for 32 years, and that’s all I know. I gave everything I could to the state of Minnesota but like you said, I’ve never listened to a doctor all my life, but I listened to the one that’s been helping me with my seizure situation and I just don’t have any more left. It’s not fair to the university or anybody else if I can’t give 100 percent.

“Well, I took the pills, I did what I was supposed to do and everything I was asked to do. I did some things during game day to help my mind be clear during game day and tried that so I could do a better job. I put in a lot of hours and a lot of time and you know me, I work [hard] and I just don’t have anything left. I’m starting to spin back to where I was two years ago, and my wife has to sit in a chair and watch and hope I don’t have something happen.”

Kill said the decision to quit coaching was the hardest choice he has ever made.

“I’ve cried all [Wednesday] morning,” he said. “… I don’t know what I’m going to do. I have no idea. I’ve done pretty good. … I was tired a lot, but I’d been seizure-free for a couple of years but as the doctor said, ‘You got to pick your family or football,’ and I picked my family.”

http://www.startribune.com/kill-a-great-coach-but-a-remarkable-man/338152011/

Go Gophers!!

Great article. Kill granted Sid an hour today, Kill is an amazing human being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom