Sid Hartman: If Gophers don't choose Beth Goetz as AD, it should look at Bob Stein

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

If Kaler decides to hire Goetz, I think she could do the job. But there is a local person who I'm convinced could do the job.

His name is Bob Stein, and he has a lot of the abilities that an athletic director must have.

Stein, 68, not only played football for the Gophers, but he also played in the NFL. So when it comes to football, he fills the bill and football pays the bills.

However, the biggest asset he brings to the table is that for 18 years he was president of the Timberwolves, so he is qualified from the business standpoint to be an athletic director.

With his experience with the Timberwolves, Stein is familiar with most of the top CEOs in town, the people one needs to have a successful athletic program.

http://www.startribune.com/if-gophe...-as-ad-it-should-look-at-bob-stein/371603731/

Go Gophers!!

Does Sid know anyone under 60?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

68 is extremely young to Sid. But yeah, there is no way we should hire someone who is 68 years old.
Yeah 68 is fine if you want someone who you expect to stick around 4-5 years. I would rather hire an AD who you could expect to stick around a decade or more.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NM, I thought it said Ben Stein.

Top Bottom