Sid Hartman: Glen Mason likes Gophers defense but not sold on Gray

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"I was impressed with the job that [defensive coordinator] Tracy Claeys and their defense did against New Hampshire's offense," Mason said. "I watched them on film. They're very difficult to defend. The tempo. All the plays that they do. He got them lined up right. They made big plays. They didn't give up any big plays.

"... Typically, that's what New Hampshire will do. They'll get you driving and get you back on their heels. They did that one drive and that was it."

"You know MarQueis Gray is an exceptional athlete," Mason said. "I watched him practice Tuesday, I was really impressed with how he threw the ball in practice, not so much impressed today. For them to accomplish the things that Jerry Kill wants to accomplish in his second year, let's face it, he has got to be a better passer."

Commenting further on Gray, Mason said: "He's an exceptional athlete. I mean, let's face it. I mean, he's a guy, that, when I was coaching, would scare the heck out of me because he can take a bad play and turn it into a great play. He's 245 pounds, 250 pounds. If you get him in the open, no one catches him. He's a tremendous athlete."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/168994816.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom