Sid Hartman: Ex-Gophers coach Mason says team should be happy it won

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Glen Mason, the former Gophers football coach and current Big Ten Network analyst who called the Gophers’ 30-23 season-opening victory over Oregon State last week, said that when you look at all the crazy things that happened in the first week of college football, the Gophers simply have to be happy to walk away with a victory. And he doesn’t believe a difficult opener means all that much in the grand scheme of the season.

And while Mason believes Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State are the class of the Big Ten, the Gophers have one thing going for them: They don’t have to play any of those three.

“I think the Western Division is up for grabs,” Mason said. “I think most of the real powerful teams are in the East Division. There’s no clear-cut leader. I mean, almost everybody thinks that Iowa is the team to beat in the West, and I wouldn’t argue with that. But in saying that I think any team, I think Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska and even though they lost their first game, Northwestern could give Iowa a run for their money.”

http://www.startribune.com/glen-mason-says-gophers-should-be-happy-at-least-they-won/392829711/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom