Sid Hartman Celebrates His 95th Birthday Today

DL65

Reaction score
According to Dave Mona, there'll be special guests as well as flashbacks from previous years in celebration of Sid's birthday.

Jerry Kill will be on at his usual time slot at 10:00 a.m.

Go Gophers!!

For all his faults, Sid has been a loyal Gopher supporter going back to the late 1940's.

Sid Hartman Celebrates His 95th Birethday Today

Flashbacks? Don't we get that every week when he asks the same questions he did the previous week? Come on, we were all thinking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flashbacks? Don't we get that every week when he asks the same questions he did the previous week? Come on, we were all thinking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95 and still working. What do you expect? I hope I can still remember things like he does when I get to that age.

He's still a pretty sharp dude.....considering his age. Happy Birthday, Sid.

95 and still working. What do you expect? I hope I can still remember things like he does when I get to that age.

His long-term memory is amazing. I remember his first Roundup columns back when he was called "Blackie". It just bugs me that he sees everything so black and white. And it's annoying that Mona has to repeat everything callers say yet Sid brags about Starkey hearing aids. Talk about truth in advertising.

Happy Birthday Sid!

Love him or hate him, I can only dream that when I am 95 years old I can still do what I love. Happy Birthday Sid, thank you for sharing your passion with us.

When Sid was just a pup with the Tribune, Dick Cullum was the chief columnist with his "Cullum's Collumn".

Those were the good old days of the Peach Sports Section.

Long live Sid.

Just to piss a bunch of youngsters off, Sid will live and continue.

Best wishes to Sid on his 95th Birthday. It won't be The Sports Huddle without Sid. I remember the original with Chuck Lilligren. He used to poke Sid's points probably too well, enter Dave Mona.

When Sid was just a pup with the Tribune, Dick Cullum was the chief columnist with his "Cullum's Collumn".

Those were the good old days of the Peach Sports Section.

Long live Sid.

Just to piss a bunch of youngsters off, Sid will live and continue.

I think we all know what would happen to Sid if he were to 'retire'.

I said, I think we all know what would happen to Sid if he were to 'retire'.

:cool02:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Sid was a punchline more than 30 years ago when I started reading the paper. And yet, here he is, still plugging along. He is what he is...a legend in Twin Cities media. Here's to another 95 years!

Sid was a punchline more than 30 years ago when I started reading the paper. And yet, here he is, still plugging along. He is what he is...a legend in Twin Cities media. Here's to another 95 years!

Wow, the glass is how full?:rolleyes:

Who could forget his morning cut ins with Boone & Erickson and his own Todays Sports Hero. He was doing that long before ESPN. The afternoon with Steve Cannon was must listening, especially when Cannon would break out Morgan Mundane to talk to Sid.

Who could forget his morning cut ins with Boone & Erickson and his own Todays Sports Hero. He was doing that long before ESPN. The afternoon with Steve Cannon was must listening, especially when Cannon would break out Morgan Mundane to talk to Sid.

Top Bottom