Sid: Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck said he plans to keep a high number of walk-on

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

• Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck said he plans to keep a high number of walk-ons. “One thing I think we did a nice job of at times at Western Michigan was the walk-ons. I think that’s really important for us,” he said. “We have done a tremendous job, our coaching staff has done a tremendous job of getting great walk-ons from the state of Minnesota and outside the state of Minnesota to come play for us.”

•Speaking of walk-ons, Eden Prairie football coach Mike Grant said that four of his former players will walk on with the Gophers: defensive tackle Quinn Coughlin, linebacker Dan Anderson, defensive back Tommy Fuller and tight end Clayton Witherspoon. Grant also said Kyle Connelly, a receiver, will walk on with Iowa.

http://www.startribune.com/sid-hart...s-call-for-veteran-help-for-wolves/418743343/

Go Gophers!!

I don't even know what this means.

The numbers are kind of set, right?

Being an attorney, you'll appreciate this answer...It depends. Limited to 105 in off season. No limit during season.

Being an attorney, you'll appreciate this answer...It depends. Limited to 105 in off season. No limit during season.

Yeah, I guess I was thinking PJ was referring to the guys that made out the 105. It seems like every team has a set amount (105 - scholarship players).

Yeah, I guess I was thinking PJ was referring to the guys that made out the 105. It seems like every team has a set amount (105 - scholarship players).

I think Kill and TC carried around 120 total, so looks like Fleck will do the same. It would be interesting to see what the success rate is for walk-on's becoming starters. WISC has seemed to excel at that...walk-on to starter.

I heard that Danny Petrazeuski (sp) left to go play at St Johns in Collegeville.

Top Bottom