Sid & Dave this morning

GopherKISS

Reaction score
Looking forward to the Dave (King of commercial breaks and stupid guests so we won't have to take any Gopher Football calls) Mona and Sid (Murrays Steak giver and now Brewster backer) Hartman this morning-! What a Minnesota JOKE!! Guess what Good Neighbor? It's only going to get worse next year for Golden Gopher Football!

And to think I spent 11.50 hours this weekend driving down there to see that HORRID mess.
All the Iowa fans around me were dumbfounded by Brewster's boneheaded decisions!!!

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 41

"We're solving the problems to build a championship caliber team and it's happening. I couldn't be happier with the progress of this team."
Brewster quote a minutes ago ..... unreal.

"We're solving the problems to build a championship caliber team and it's happening. I couldn't be happier with the progress of this team."
Brewster quote a minutes ago ..... unreal.

These are the kinds of statements that cause me to doubt Brewster. There is absolutely no basis for a statement like this as this point in time. And the fact that he continues to say things like this after putrid performances like yesterday is simply mind-boggling.

I heard the entire show ... hard to defend Brewster, and maybe I was selective listening, but I don't recall the progress sound byte ... he def. said that 1st sentence though ... lots of talk about 15 more practices, and going to another bowl game (66 teams bowl eligible, winning 6 games when 1 came against a team from a division below is an indicator of nothing).

Gopher football media needs to be revamped

driving back from Iowa yesterday I listened into the Iowa radio program - they had two guys taking calls - granted the topics were the same nonsense that any fan base would have but at least there was a forum for football fans to call in and share their views - the Gopher football fan base does not have any of this - on game day post game you have Steve Thomas who takes a few calls but that show is a general football show covering national scores as well as local D-II and D-III scores. Then you get these two idiots on Sunday morning - not even taking calls (sans the one or two Brewster takes) - I am listening to these fools now - what a joke - talking about Eden Prarie having their hands full against Totino in the state final - they can't even get the high school football right - sids babbling in getting too painful to deal with - these two are the media outlet fot gopher football? what a joke

and last but not least we have to listen to idiot Dave Lee call the play by play which we all know is pathetic - just an extension of a program from top to bottom that needs to be improved

Souhan torched Brewster and Maturi for about 15 minutes straight today. Priceless, the best was the same 3 lines Brewster has to questions regardless of the context of the question and doubts if the guy is capable of thinking on his feet. Also doubts if Maturi is the guy for the job and thinks that maybe the U is cutting costs at positions of AD and football HC. Great points about Fitzgerald making NW a better football team as the year went on, and Temple being able to put 9 wins together. Most telling point, Northwestern best win of the season.

(66 teams bowl eligible, winning 6 games when 1 came against a team from a division below is an indicator of nothing).

I believe winning 6 games is an indicator of playing better than 6 teams this year. Wild concept, I know.

Hey Doogie, he did say, "I can't be any more pleased with our progress this year."

Sid Hartman has blindly defended every Gopher coach for 50 years. He will not criticize the program. He will rip the offensive line and kickers but Weber has NEVER made a mistake in his mind.

I will agree he does have some talent coming back. And maybe Brewster can improve his coaching ability. But I sincerely doubt he's the man for the job. He's just too full of B.S. and hot air. And his game management is as bad as it gets. He wastes timeouts which is a sign of a small mind. Let's bring in the UConn coach, or any number of promising guys like Kelly.

Sid shockingly did reference at the beginning that this could be the "last time we talk to you coach Brewster" ... they archive the shows ... will listen back later ... may have not heard, but I don't remember him saying "I can't be any more pleased with our progress this year." ... anyone else hear? It's very possible that he did say that and I just didn't hear it.

Doogie;

You lack knowledge both in sports and in journalism.

Sid shockingly did reference at the beginning that this could be the "last time we talk to you coach Brewster" ... they archive the shows ... will listen back later ... may have not heard, but I don't remember him saying "I can't be any more pleased with our progress this year." ... anyone else hear? It's very possible that he did say that and I just didn't hear it.

Sid probably thinks he's going to leave us to replace Charlie Weis.

Gray might change positions!

With all the posts of people that listened to the Brewster radio show this morning I am surprised that fans are not talking about Brewsters comment that the Gophers need to get Gray on the field "a lot more next year" and that it may have to be that Gray plays receiver. Sid said that Gray can't remember the plays and has the coaching staff totally frustrated!

So this guarantee's Brewster's firing because Weber will be the QB next season as well.......

"Last time we talk to you" means for THIS season. I heard Dan Gladden say te same thing to Gardenhire about a month ago.

Doogie;

You are entitled to your opinion ... I do a lot of homework, maybe too much, and would put my knowledge up against yours any time, but if you feel that way, there's nothing I can do ... some examples though would be nice.

Maturi wants to retire on a high note - he'll do what he has to do to achieve that, football being the premier sport. Next year will be crucial for Brew. If we have another year of Weber ball, 5-7 or 6-6, he will be in trouble. But if he goes 8-4, gets in a decent bowl and Moses or Gray are looking good, he's got an extension.

You are entitled to your opinion ... I do a lot of homework, maybe too much, and would put my knowledge up against yours any time, but if you feel that way, there's nothing I can do ... some examples though would be nice.

I appreciate your willingness to be a presence here, especially because of your ability to provide insight based on your access and connections. I also respect that you're willing to go on record with opinions and that you don't hide behind a moniker.

But there's a pack of stray dogs here that are taking pleasure in taking shots at you because you are an insider they don't agree with and vulnerable because they can hide behind a computer and an anonymous moniker. A few years back I played in a men's league with former pro and divisionI players. There were tools out there taking runs at them and trying to show them up.

I hope you continue to contribute here, you and JohnnyGopher seem to offer something that is rare on a free public site. If I were you, wouldn't dignify the pot shots by responding to them.

Sid's Defense of Brew

Hey Doogie, he did say, "I can't be any more pleased with our progress this year."

Sid Hartman has blindly defended every Gopher coach for 50 years. He will not criticize the program. He will rip the offensive line and kickers but Weber has NEVER made a mistake in his mind.

I will agree he does have some talent coming back. And maybe Brewster can improve his coaching ability. But I sincerely doubt he's the man for the job. He's just too full of B.S. and hot air. And his game management is as bad as it gets. He wastes timeouts which is a sign of a small mind. Let's bring in the UConn coach, or any number of promising guys like Kelly.

Sid had the gall to suggest that with Decker in the lineup yesterday the Gophers would DEFINITELY have won the game, then we'd be 7 and 5 and nobody would be complaining. Oh Wait, he failed to mention that IOWA was without it's top 2 running backs and their starting QB. Gee, what a shock, it must have slipped Sid's feeble mind in his sprint toward defending Brewster.

Even if Decker was healthy, someone still needs to get him the ball. I think he had 6 catches his last 2 games before getting hurt.

Sid had the gall to suggest that with Decker in the lineup yesterday the Gophers would DEFINITELY have won the game, then we'd be 7 and 5 and nobody would be complaining. Oh Wait, he failed to mention that IOWA was without it's top 2 running backs and their starting QB. Gee, what a shock, it must have slipped Sid's feeble mind in his sprint toward defending Brewster.

Sid is over 90 years old, what ever he says is not his fault. Its the fault of the people who keep putting him on tv and the radio, personally I wouldn't fault him.

Lame show on WCCO

First, Sid day say this might be the last show we do, and the meaning was clear that Brew might be gone. Mona proceeded to defend Brewster like a guy with a mancrush, but when a caller asked both of them if they thought Brew was a good coach, the silence was deafening. No response from Mona or Sid. And Brewster did defend his pathetic coaching saying they are doing a good job.

Doogie;

Please post your sporting and journalistic resume here for the rest of us to critique since YOU Mr. Large seem to be the expert on sports and journalism! C'mon you coward....put it out there.

Perfect timing ... on my way home just now, WCCO replayed Brewster's show ... direct quote (was a bit hard to hear because his phone broke up, and the national anthem was being practiced in the background -- Sid & Dave do the show from the Metrodome) ... "I couldn't be more pleased with the progress of our football team."

driving back from Iowa yesterday I listened into the Iowa radio program - they had two guys taking calls - granted the topics were the same nonsense that any fan base would have but at least there was a forum for football fans to call in and share their views - the Gopher football fan base does not have any of this - on game day post game you have Steve Thomas who takes a few calls but that show is a general football show covering national scores as well as local D-II and D-III scores. Then you get these two idiots on Sunday morning - not even taking calls (sans the one or two Brewster takes) - I am listening to these fools now - what a joke - talking about Eden Prarie having their hands full against Totino in the state final - they can't even get the high school football right - sids babbling in getting too painful to deal with - these two are the media outlet fot gopher football? what a joke

and last but not least we have to listen to idiot Dave Lee call the play by play which we all know is pathetic - just an extension of a program from top to bottom that needs to be improved

You know I think that you are right. They need to fire Dave Lee's lame ass play by play. I have sent many emails to Learfield and they have never sent a reply. That simply shows that Learfield could care less. My interest in this football program is waning. I don't mind going to games and walking out of the stadium on the loosing end as long as the Gophers play a good game. Need I say more.

Perfect timing ... on my way home just now, WCCO replayed Brewster's show ... direct quote (was a bit hard to hear because his phone broke up, and the national anthem was being practiced in the background -- Sid & Dave do the show from the Metrodome) ... "I couldn't be more pleased with the progress of our football team."

For all those looking for consistency...Brew's been on this line all season.

If Decker had played they would have scored when they had 1st down on the two. There is no way Iowa would have stopped him if they had tried to go to him a couple of times. He is just to big and strong for most big ten defensive backs in goal line situations. That is what Sid was saying I think. Your point is valid in that if Iowa was at full strength it might not have been so close.

I appreciate your willingness to be a presence here, especially because of your ability to provide insight based on your access and connections. I also respect that you're willing to go on record with opinions and that you don't hide behind a moniker.

But there's a pack of stray dogs here that are taking pleasure in taking shots at you because you are an insider they don't agree with and vulnerable because they can hide behind a computer and an anonymous moniker. A few years back I played in a men's league with former pro and divisionI players. There were tools out there taking runs at them and trying to show them up.

I hope you continue to contribute here, you and JohnnyGopher seem to offer something that is rare on a free public site. If I were you, wouldn't dignify the pot shots by responding to them.

Hear! Hear! I too enjoy reading your posts. They always offer a unique perspective. I hope the pot shots people take at you on here does not cause you to stop contributing.

If Decker had played they would have scored when they had 1st down on the two. There is no way Iowa would have stopped him if they had tried to go to him a couple of times. He is just to big and strong for most big ten defensive backs in goal line situations. That is what Sid was saying I think. Your point is valid in that if Iowa was at full strength it might not have been so close.

That was my point exactly, in his high exalted homerness, he played the "injury card" for the Gophers using Decker but never mentioned once all the injuries that Iowa had. Injuries happen to every team, you can't keep saying "but if only such and such had played, we'd have won". It loss is a loss and it is what it is. Sid just keeps on making excuses no matter what.

Top Bottom