Sick

EG#9

Reaction score
I think the state of Wisconsin somehow sucked all the luck out of the upper Midwest and claimed it for itself. Is there any doubt that the redhead misses that 3 if he plays for Minnesota? or that the refs call the foul on Wisconsin when Pullen was driving for the go ahead layup? Or that Pullen makes all 3 free throws against the Gophers?

And of course the face Butler in the next round. Of course they do.

Meanwhile, we watch a team that goes like 2-45 in their last 47 games decided in the last seconds.

The second that Butler beat Pitt there was no doubt in my mind that UW would win this game and face an 8 seed to get to the Elite 8.

Just after UW won tonight, I received a great text from gvgopher: "We are lucky we have nice families, it takes a little of the edge off."

Go Gophers!!

This nightmare season just keeps getting worse and worse.

Becky has to beat Butler and either very over-rated Florida or BYU to go to the Final Four? Somebody PLEASE beat them.

I'm not sure I could survive watching them cutting down some nets.

Unbelievable their is no luckier team then the badgers. The draw always opens up for them like the red sea.

I have Wisconsin against tOSU in the national championship game.

^ you mean pullen lit him up like devoe joseph lights up a certain kind of "tree". :)

Taylor is very good, but Pullen lit him up like a Christmas tree tonight.

Agreed, not Taylor's best game.

Cool that Jordan in his post game interview acknoledged that Pullen was the best player on the court.

That game might set a record for stiches.

As much as I hate Wisconsin, JT is the man.

Tubby should snatch him right up after tonight. Orlando loves PGs who display both good defense and an ability to shoot 2-15 from the field.

They are 7-8 away from Kohl center...no chance they win two more games.

Sniffing paint thinner like most of the drunken Sconies?

I honestly didn't set out to do it when I filled out the brackets because I don't think of WI as being that good. I was kind of surprised.

A lot of screaming on this board about how "lucky" WI is in football and hoops. Hard to be lucky over a twenty year period. We should send our entire dept of athletics, from support staff to coaches to the AD, down there for a week to find out how and why they continue to get so consistently "lucky."

I think the state of Wisconsin somehow sucked all the luck out of the upper Midwest and claimed it for itself. Is there any doubt that the redhead misses that 3 if he plays for Minnesota? or that the refs call the foul on Wisconsin when Pullen was driving for the go ahead layup? Or that Pullen makes all 3 free throws against the Gophers?

And of course the face Butler in the next round. Of course they do.

Meanwhile, we watch a team that goes like 2-45 in their last 47 games decided in the last seconds.

You hit the nail right on the head about Gopher luck. If carrott top didn't have all that hair, he wouldn't get noticed by the anouncers as much as he does.

We allowed this when we let Leuer and Taylor get away. They can march into the final four pretty easily.

I honestly didn't set out to do it when I filled out the brackets because I don't think of WI as being that good. I was kind of surprised.

A lot of screaming on this board about how "lucky" WI is in football and hoops. Hard to be lucky over a twenty year period. We should send our entire dept of athletics, from support staff to coaches to the AD, down there for a week to find out how and why they continue to get so consistently "lucky."

The saying is true, you do make your own luck. I'm the one who talked about Bo and the horseshoe up his butt, but it's too easy to chalk their success up to luck. They won't be the first team to face an 8 seed in the third round, and they won't be the last.

What a lot of it comes down to is knowhow and confidence, and their players have both. The right question to ask is why the Gopher players don't possess as much of those two qualities as they should.

It is amazing though how the bracket they are in a lot of years has a lot of upsets. In their three longest runs in the tourney while under Bo Ryan before this year, they never beat a seed better than #10.
2003 - beat #12, #13, then lost to #1
2005 - beat #11, #14, #10, lost to #1
2008 - beat #14, #11, lost to #10

They've averaged about a #6 seed since 2002. They've now played 24 games in the tourney, just 7 against teams rated better than them. They're 1-6 in those games. Obviously they can't control who they're playing, just amazing that they seem to avoid a lot of the top 4-5 seed teams.

Have they really played 24 NCAA tournament games since 2002? I know they have been a great program but didn't realize that they have had that much success in the NCAA. I am done hating them. Pure jealousy at this point is all I can muster.

Have they really played 24 NCAA tournament games since 2002? I know they have been a great program but didn't realize that they have had that much success in the NCAA. I am done hating them. Pure jealousy at this point is all I can muster.

Never quit hating the freakin' BADgers. They are the enemies who try to steal Minnesota kids because they can't get the best sconnie kids. GO BUTLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom