SI: Way too early 2024-25 Big Ten men's basketball power rankings (15. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Tony:

15. Minnesota

Projected starting lineup:
G Lu'Cye Patterson
G Mike Mitchell Jr.
G Femi Odukale
F Dawson Garcia
F Frank Mitchell

The Gophers had to do damage control after losing Elijah Hawkins and Pharrel Payne to the transfer portal. I believe they did enough to be competitive around potential all-conference player Dawson Garcia. How many wins it yields will be interesting.

Go Gophers!!

Nebraska way too low at #16, but no major quibbles with Tony’s rankings. So tough to do these with 18-team monstrosity.

And rosters being so fluid. The big question is how are all of these new guys on each team going to mesh/learn to play together?

OK I clicked.. Got me...

PUR, overrated. Kylo-Renn as a center makes them a bunch of gunners. 6th pl finish.
UCLA, overrated. Cronin took a USC guy. Fanbase doesn't love him. Will struggle in sched.
MSU, overrated. Izzo's trips to Final Four are done. Parolees will likely Fiddle about .500.
RUT, overrated. Too young, small and they aren't Kentucky. Freshmen don't defend and will pout.
IND, neutralrated. Ballo will beast, all depends on their mercurial coach Woodson's locker rm.
MICH, overrated. Dusty May is the basketball evil twin of coach Harbaugh. Bigs serviceable.
IOWA, overrated. Could be much worse, and McCaffrey likely won't finish the season/mental.
ILL, likely overrated. Roster isn't stellar, but will be ok if they defend. Nobody knows.
OSU, meh. Not a big believer in Thornton. Bradshaw? Coach Diebler will be scrutinized.
MD, neutralrated. Solid addns, but Willard needs to get Reese's pieces scoring and defending.
USC, overrated. No team from CA will or should finish in the top half of the B18. Muss fail early.
WIS, underrated. They find a way, and older front court will produce. Tonje is a find.
ORE, neutralrated. Altman will do ok but will get beat up in schedule gauntlet.
WASH, neutralrated. Great O will be ok if plays D, check clears. Pummeled in schedule.
MN, sl underrated. Underdog status will help CBJ, Garcia & seniors in winning more close games.
NEB, sl underrated. Roster not terrific, holes to fill, many question marks. Home games help.
NW, underrated. Undersized, but good shooters. They'll find a path sans Boo.
PSU, ok. They'll play hard, but in a Puff they'll be a non-factor near the bottom again.

Soooo, every team will likely tie for 9th place and 12 teams will go to the NCAA MM. Just having fun, don't get all bent.

And rosters being so fluid. The big question is how are all of these new guys on each team going to mesh/learn to play together?
As long as we bring in a lot of quantity every year....fans will have hope. For the fluidity, meshing, and playing together.

As long as we bring in a lot of quantity every year....fans will have hope. For the fluidity, meshing, and playing together.
As a Michigan fan, this is not far off on why I am hopeful this year. It doesn't hurt to have some quality with the quantity, though.
As to the thread topic, all these player transfers make this year's predictions even more prone to error than usual. I think it's the Athletic that even has Michigan projected as 2nd in the Big Ten , which seems ridiculous to me.

As a Michigan fan, this is not far off on why I am hopeful this year. It doesn't hurt to have some quality with the quantity, though.
As to the thread topic, all these player transfers make this year's predictions even more prone to error than usual. I think it's the Athletic that even has Michigan projected as 2nd in the Big Ten , which seems ridiculous to me.
Have you figured out how to cheat in basketball like you did in football? What’s Connor Stalions up to these days?

Top Bottom