Shout out to Nibir Sarma

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
College Jeopardy! Champion. $100,000. It don’t hurt. Wore his Gopher gear throughout and pumped the U culture when he was interviewed. Member of the hockey band. Outstanding representative.

Last edited:

His name is spelled Nibir....

Awesome! I saw him on Jeopardy. He looked great!

Yes it is.
Sorry my response was a bit standoffish, I don't know why it came out that way.

Thank you for correcting, and taking the time to spread the word about his accomplishment!

Since he won the College Championship he also gets an automatic berth to the Jeopardy Tournament of Champions later this year!

Good for him! Congrats!

On an unrelated note - this is not football and does not belong in the football board.

Good for him! Congrats!

On an unrelated note - this is not football and does not belong in the football board.
Fair, if he was in marching band it would be different, but he's just in Hockey Pep band so not related to football.

Though, I think given the circumstances I'm okay with giving this post a pass.

- For $500, the answer is "Nibir".
- "Who is the latest Gopher to dominate all competitors in an elite show of knowledge and skill"
- Correct.

Fair, if he was in marching band it would be different, but he's just in Hockey Pep band so not related to football.

Post it here and everywhere. It's not like we've got a lot of sports info happening that's filling up these threads. I'm all for getting a gopher jersey with Nibir's name on the back and number 1 on the front.

That's like saying to someone in the Catholic church that "Francis is just the Pope". In the religion that is hockey, I gotta give some cred to the pep band folks.

This thread is far my Gopher related than that ridiculous Harbaugh thread that is going on.

It'll be interesting what PJ does for him. Halftime recognition or something. He doesn't let something like this just fade away. He'll make the world know about it.

My wife and I were rooting for him all week, we DVR Jeopardy and watch it before we go to bed. I sang the rouser every time he won.

Top Bottom