Shouldn't Iowa and Indiana be playing this week, then? EDIT: IU has covid too

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Would be a great match-up. #2 West vs #2 East.

Game should be played at Indiana, as they only got three home games this year while Iowa got four. They were supposed to get Michigan at home, but that was mainly to punish Michigan for ducking Ohio State.

Both opponents cancelled Monday? It's still only Wed. I have to believe this will get done.

Unless the conference is trying to squash it, to preserve Indiana's top 12 in the CFP so we get two teams in the NY6? But a win over Iowa would be huge for them and probably put them in the top 8-ish?

EDIT: My bad, Indiana has covid issues as well https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...d-old-oaken-bucket-game-vs-purdue/3900348001/

Indiana coach Tom Allen said Tuesday the program has 28 positive cases among players and Tier 1 coaches since the Dec. 5 Wisconsin game.

From Purdue’s side, the rising number of cases forced the program to pause activities through last weekend. During his weekly press conference on Monday, Brohm said the Boilermakers were preparing to play but would defer to the school’s medical personnel to make the final decisions.

Last edited:

Doh! I assumed it was just Purdue, on their 2nd week of covid issues. Updated OP

Maryland has canceled game against Michigan State

Also sounds like Ohio State has covid issues, but is still planning to play in the championship game.

Would be insane if the game got cancelled late and then they dropped OSU from the CFP because of that.

Top Bottom